Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, August 27, 2021

A Butterfly Hello

I guess I needed a break from the Christmas cards so today I decided to spend some time playing with the Butterfly Brilliance bundle.  I had some fun with this one using a technique that was new to me but that I love.     

Here is what I came up with…


What I did to get started was I stamped the large Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto a piece of Thick Basic White cardstock using Memento ink and my Stamparatus (the stamparatus guarantees me that when I come back to do later techniques my stamp will be in the perfect location).  I then used the coordinating die from the bundle and cut out all of the butterflies (this will be used on future projects) believe it or not all I was actually looking for was the scrap of the Thick Basic White cardstock left after I cut out the butterflies.

Now to get down to business.  I stamped my butterflies onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 ¼ x 4 ½” using Melon Mambo ink.  I then used my die cut negative as a stencil I lined it up with the butterflies and using a Blending Brush I added Blushing Bride ink.  I added the little dots using the small end of the Light Melon Mambo Stampin’ Blend and the small end of both the Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Markers (this gave me different shades and sizes) note here however to save yourself some expense if you don't have the markers already there are many stamp sets within Stampin' Up! that have stamps with these little dots and you can simply stamp them. 

The card base is Blushing Bride cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Melon Mambo that measured 5 x 4 ¼” and to that I added my stamped layer.  I stamped the sentiment “A Little hello from me to you” onto a scrap of Blushing Bride cardstock using Melon Mambo ink and fussy cut it.  I added that to a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock that measured ½ x 3” and I popped that up using Dimensionals.  For the final embellishment I took three of the Basic Rhinestone Jewels and colored them with the Melon Mambo Stampin’ Blend and added them to the card front. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment