Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Brilliant Wings Dies

I am trying to play with some of the fun stuff from the annual catalog instead of just the holiday stuff from the July – December Mini.  So today I decided to revisit the Brilliant Wings Dies.  My intent was to make a simple card using a few basic items and a single die set that could be adapted to any occasion by simply adding a sentiment when you need the card (thus being sure you have an appropriate card when you need one quick).      

Here is what I came up with… 


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  The second layer is Basic White cardstock cut to 5 ¼ x 4” and embossed using the Painted Textures 3D Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” and I colored it using my Blending Brushes and Blushing Bride and Balmy Blue ink.  I used a gentle touch (you can always add more but once it is on it is on to stay).  When I achieved the look, I was going for I used the die that looks like little dots to cut away three spots one in the middle on the left and one at the top and bottom of the right.  I then added this to a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 2 ½ x 5 ¼”.  I then mounted this onto the center of my white layer.

To create my butterflies, I took some scrap Basic White cardstock and using the Blending Brushes I added Blushing Bride and Balmy Blue ink.  I then used the dies to cut four of the butterflies.  Three were added to the front of the card and the fourth was added to the bottom right of the 4 x 5 ¼” Basic White cardstock insert on the inside. 

Now I have a card that I can simply stamp a message on the inside, write my own or even add a layer with a sentiment to the front as I need it.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment