Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 19, 2024

SOFTLY SOPHISTICATED IN MY THOUGHTS

Today’s card features the Softly Sophisticated bundle which is a free bundle being offered with a qualifying purchase during Sale-A-Bration.  While I love the stamp set the 3D Embossing Folder is what really caught my eye.  I love the design and it is so versitile I can see using it on lots of projects.  So today I paired it with the Thoughtful Expressions dies which I also believe are super versitile and something I use all the time, here is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Parakeet Party cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a layer of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and embossed it using the 3D Embossing Folder from the Softly Sophisticated bundle.  Once that was done, I added a little Blushing Bride ink to it with a blending brush (now I added more to the bottom and less to the top to give it a graduated look).  Once I was happy with my inking, I attached that layer to my card base. 

I die cut the largest of the labels show on the card from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies out of Basic White cardstock and stamped my stems and leaves from the Softly Sophisticated Stamp Set onto it using Parakeet Party Ink.  I then stamped my flowers from that same set onto it using Crushed Curry Ink.  I also stamped a set of those flowers onto some scrap and fussy cut out the two larger ones so I could pop them up with Mini Glue Dots for a 3D look.  I added this to my card again using Dimensionals. 

Next, I stamped my sentiment “you’re in my thoughts” also from the bundle onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Pecan Pie Ink and die cut that using the smallest of those labels from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies.  I added that to my card again using Dimensionals (yes there is a lot of dimension to this card).  Once that was completed, I die cut two of the cute little leaves from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies out of scraps of Parakeet Party cardstock and tucked them up under the sentiment layer.  I made a triple down out of the 2022 – 2024 In Color Bakers Twine and attached it under the corner of my sentiment with a Mini Glue Dot.  For my final addition I added three of the Champagne Iridescent Dots.  (Note:  these dots are a great value as you get 600 loose pieces that range from 3-6 mm and they can just be added to the project with a dot of adhesive so a lot of bang for your buck in this one). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment