Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these two products work great together and I also threw in the Dainty Delight Dies and the Sending Smiles Stamp and Dies for good measures.

Here is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Bubble Bath cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Melon Mambo cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8” (note here, if you want to maximize your paper cut all the melon mambo flowers from the center of this layer before adding the Designer Series Paper, no one will see it or know but you can save a lot of paper) and added a piece of the beautiful Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper to it that measures 4 x 5 ¼” (I love this paper as it replicates an old technique of paper tearing without all the work).  Once I had the base all prepared, I went to work on cutting out my flowers (see photos below).  Using the Paper Florist Dies, for the largest of the flowers, I actually cut half in Basic White and half in Bubble Bath and added some Bubble Bath Ink to the white ones for a tonal difference (this can be done with a dauber or blending brush).  To create this flower simply curl the petals with a bone folder for movement and adhere together off setting with the largest petals on the bottom.  For the second largest flower I cut 2 sets of the petals out of Melon Mambo cardstock (for a total of 8 petal pieces) and again curled with a bone folder and adhered them together off setting with the largest petals on the bottom.  I also cut the pistil (center of the flower) out of a scrap of Basic White cardstock and added it.  For the smaller of the flowers, I used the Dainty Delight Dies (see below) and cut three of the Daisies out of Melon Mambo cardstock and again curled the petals and adhered to one another offset.  I cut the three little tulips from Melon Mambo cardstock and the two leaves and stems of the tulips from Parakeet Party cardstock.  Now just assemble and attach to card.



For my sentiment I stamped “COMFORT & STRENGHT” from the Sending Smiles Stamp Set onto a piece of Bubble Bath cardstock and used one of the sentiment labels from the coordinating Sending Smiles Dies to cut it out.  I cut out a second of those labels from Melon Mambo, cut it in half and attached it behind the sentiment so that about ¼” was sticking out from each side.  The sentiment was then attached to the card using Mini Dimensionals.  For the final additions I added some of the Tinsel Gems (inside the two larger flowers) and some of the Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins (one in the small daisy and three on the card front).  All in all I have to say I was really pleased with how the card turned out. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment