Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 9, 2024

THOUGHTFUL EXPRESSIONS MEETS FOREVER LOVE DSP

Today's card features the Thoughtful Expressions Bundle and Forever Love Designer Series Paper, two beautiful products from the January – April Mini Catalog.  I love both these products and knew instantly that they would be quite complimentary to one another. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Pretty Peacock cardstock cut to 11 x 4 ¼” and scored at 5 ½”.  I added a piece of the beautiful Forever Love DSP that measures 4 x 5 ¼” (there are some beautiful papers in the pack).  I started working on my elements, so a grabbed some scraps of Basic White cardstock and stamped my floral image and hummingbird using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I then went to work coloring in my images.  My suggestion here is to just google hummingbirds because they come in a vast array of colors.  Oh, my when we were on our last cruise we visited the Balata Gardens in Fort-de-France, Martinique and the hummingbird is their national bird.  They were everywhere and they were huge and in so many colors you couldn’t count them.  I found the colors I wanted and just went to work.  I just added color using my Stampin’ Blends (will list the colors I used below) and just kept working at blending until I got what I wanted. 

Once that was all done, I die cut the largest of one of the labels from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies (love that there are 10 beautiful and flexible labels in this set that are perfect for lots of things) out of Basic White cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment “Thinking of You” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set (I use this set all the time) near the bottom in Pretty Peacock Ink.  Then I wrapped a piece of the Pretty Peacock and Gold Ribbon around it and attached it to the back just above my sentiment.  I tied a little bow around this using the Simply Elegant Trim.  I adhered my flowers to my label and my label was added to my card base using Dimensionals and then my hummingbird was attached again with Dimensionals.  All in all I was very happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/


Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment