Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 16, 2024

JUST HAVE FUN

Today’s card features the Soft Stippled Designer Series Paper that is a free product offer during Sale-A-Bration.  However, today I grabbed some things to add to this card and just had fun.  Some of these items came from my stash of retired products (that’s right use what you have) and some are all new products.  My goal was to have fun and use coordinating colors.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Basic White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Smoky Slate cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  Then I cut up some of my DSP.  I started with this gray and white washed piece which measures 1 x 5”, then I cut a piece that has the dahlias on it in all different colors to 2 3/8 x 5”.  I went ahead and adhered the gray and white piece to the left side of the card leaving an equal border all around it.  I took some Basic White cardstock and cut it using the Scalloped Contours Dies (I used the die that is the stitched little half circle border) and attached it just under the left side of my DSP before attaching that to my card base.

To decorate I stamped one of the Dahlia’s from the Dahlia Days Stamps (retired but remember use whatever you have) onto a scrap of basic white using Calypso Coral Ink and die cut it with the Detailed Dahlias Dies (also retired).  I die cut one of the labels and two of the foliage pieces out of Smoky Slate cardstock using the Designer Tags Dies.  I cut the center of one of the tags from that same die set out of a scrap of Basic White cardstock.   I mounted the two layers together, added a bow created from the Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack and popped that up on my card front.  Next, I added the Dahlia again using Dimensionals and I tucked the two little gray foliage pieces up under that.  I stamped my sentiment “BIRTHDAY WISHES” in Calypso Coral Ink ono a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured ½ x 2” and added it using Dimensionals.  Three little Classic Matte Dots in gray were the finishing touch. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!  

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment