Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 26, 2024

LAYERED FLORALS MEETS WHITE INK

Today’s card features a new 3D Embossing Folder named Layered Florals.  The depth of the embossing on this folder is really special and I wanted to do something to highlight that.  So I went to work using different techniques and this is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Starry Sky cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Gold Foil to 4 x 5 ¼” and before doing anything else with it I cut the second to the smallest of the labels from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies out to use later.  Once that was cut out I embossed the gold layer with one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders and added it to my card base.  I cut a piece of Starry Sky cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and embossed it with the Layered Florals 3D Embossing Folder. 

Once it was embossed, I simply used a Sponge Dauber and gently added White Craft Ink to the raised areas to make them really pop.  Remember go light because you can add more but you can’t take it away once it is there.  I stamped my sentiment “Hope You’re Feeling Better Soon” from the So Sincere Stamp Set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using VersaMark Ink and added Gold Embossing Powder and heat set it.  I cut this out using the smallest of those labels from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies and attached it to the larger one I had cut from the gold.  I twisted a little of the Simply Elegant Trim around the back of the sentiment allowing it to stick out on both sides and then attached this whole thing to my card using Dimensionals.  The final addition was three of the gold sequins from the Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins. 

For the inside I took a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed just about the bottom 1” of it using that Layered Florals 3D Embossing Folder.  Once it was embossed, I flipped it over and lined up the edge with my cutter and used the score blade to add a nice little line to separate the areas, I love how it looks.  I also embossed the flap on the envelope to give the whole card a coordinating look.


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment