Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

Today’s card features the Translucent Florals Bundle.  This bundle is a lot of fun to work with and I really love how it stamps onto vellum for an even bigger punch.  When I started this card I had not yet received the beautiful new Delightful Floral 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper that in an online exclusive offering and that coordinates with the bundle so I decided I would make my own background.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Poppy Parade cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I stamped one of the floral images from the bundle all over it using Poppy Parade Ink for a tone on tone affect (this became my DSP).  Next, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock using the second largest of the Deckled Rectangles Dies (I am really using these as well as the deckled circle dies because they are both so versatile and they have so many different sizes in them).  I took the stem stamp from the bundle and stamped two stems in Garden Green Ink then I stamped the largest flower in Berry Burst Ink at the top of one stem and stamped the medium sized flower at the top of the other stem in Poppy Parade Ink.  I stamped the double leaf about half way down the stem in Garden Green Ink.  I added this layer to the card using Dimensionals.  

To give the card more interest and movement I took some scrap pieces of Vellum and stamped the largest flower from the stamp set in Berry Burst, the medium flower in Poppy Parade and the double leaf in Garden Green onto it.  I let the ink dry (you need to be patient here or grab your heat tool to dry it or it will smear) and then die cut the three pieces.  I used my bone folder to curl the pieces to give some look of movement and added them with Mini Glue dots right over the stamped images. 

To finish off my card I stamped the sentiment “YOU’RE THE BEST” onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Berry Burst Ink and die cut it using the Stylish Shapes Dies and I added that right over the ends of my stems using Dimensionals.  I added three of the 2022 – 2024 In Color Dots to the front of the card.  For the inside of the card, I added a Basic White cardstock layer that measured 4 x 5 ¼” that I had stamped the medium size flower on using Poppy Parade Ink.  I also stamped that same flower onto the envelope again in Poppy Parade. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment