Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY EMBOSS RESIST

Today’s technique is called Emboss Resist.  This is a fun technique that can be used with many stamp sets.  I chose to use the Inked & Tiled Set and I created three different cards using the technique.  The one that I featured in the video was made with a stamped background and the other two were made using the Inked Botanicals 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Basic Gray cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The stamped layer is Bubble Bath cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped with one of the stamps from the Inked & Tiled stamp set in Bubble Bath Ink and added to the center of the card base.  The image is stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat set using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that is 3 x 4”.  It was colored using a Blending Brush and more of the Bubble Bath Ink.  I stamped the sentiment “happy BIRTHDAY” onto it using Basic Gray Ink.  It was then mounted onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock that measured 3 1/8 x 4 1/8” and that was added to the center of the card using Dimensionals.  Check out the video for more details.


Cards 2 and 3 were created the same way using different colors and replacing the stamped first layer with Designer Series Paper.  The products used are listed below.



I hope you enjoy this technique I certainly enjoyed sharing it with you and I hope you like the cards I made with it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

These products were used on all three cards:


No comments:

Post a Comment