Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, November 3, 2023

HORSE & SLEIGH BRIDGE CARD

Today’s card features two great online exclusive products the Horse & Sleigh Bundle and the One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper.  These new products have been a delight to work with.  They coordinate so well with one another it is like the cards make themselves.  Today I wanted to make a bridge card here is what I came up with…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 8” scored at 1 ¼ and 2 ½” from each of the two sides.  Then it is folded in a mountain, valley, valley, mountain fold (this allows it to stand up nice for presentation).  To this I added my Designer Series Paper that is from the One Horse Open Sleigh paper pack.  I used two pieces of the DSP that were the same but you could simply use some embossed cardstock for the two inside panels.  I started by cutting my 6 x 6” piece down to 4” tall (save one of these pieces for the bridge).  Then I cut a 1 x 4”, 1 x 4”, 2 ¾ x 4” from paper 1 and then two additional 1 x 4” from paper 2.  I adhered those to my card base.    

For my bridge I cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that was 1 ¼” x 5 ½”.  I adhered this even with each end of my card (the card should stand open as shown and fold flat for mailing).  I took some of that leftover DSP from the previous cuts (I had cut it off the bottom of the DSP so it was primarily snow) and cut it down to 1 1/8 x 5 3/8” and adhered that to my bridge.  So that is the base for the card.

Next, I stamped my horse and sleigh from the bundle onto Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and cut it out using the coordinating die from the bundle.  I colored it using the Stampin’ Blends listed below (note: I did not use the Bronze just the ivory from that set) and added it to my bridge using Dimensionals.  For the back of my card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 ¾ x 4” and I stamped the sentiments “WISHING YOU A Season of Cheer” and “AND A happy new year” onto it using Night of Navy ink.  This gave me a place to sign my card as there is no where to do that on the front.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment