Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

TRANSLUCENT FLORALS BUCKLE CARD

Today’s card features the Translucent Florals Bundle from the September – December Mini Catalog along with the Delightful Florals 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper that is an online exclusive item.  I was thrilled when I saw this paper being released because I was already enjoying the bundle and it was a treat to have some coordinating Designer Series Paper.  I had promised the ladies in my card club that we would do some fun folds this month so I decided to use these products an make a buckle card with them.  Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Parakeet Party cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 7” and scored at 2 ¾”.  Next, I cut all my cardstock, that included a piece of Parakeet Party cardstock that was 1 ¼ x 4 ¼” scored at 3 ¾” and another piece that was cut to ¾ x 2 ¾”.  I cut Basic White cardstock to 2 ½ x 5 ¼”.  Then I moved onto cutting my Designer Series Paper (watch the orientation of the designs).  I cut a piece that had medium sized flowers to 2 ½ x 5 ¼”, the one with a leaf pattern to 1 x 3 ½” and ½ x 2 ½” and then finally the one that has the pretty ombre that is bubble bath and I cut that one to 1 3/8 x 5 ¼”.  

To put the card together I started by reinforcing my score line with my bone folder.  I added the floral piece to the left side of my card leaving equal space on all four sides.  Next I stamped my sentiment for the inside “WISHING YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD” from the stamp set in the bundle using Calypso Coral Ink.  I also added the smallest flower from the stamp set down at the bottom of the white layer.  Then I took my piece of Parakeet Party cardstock that measured 1 ¼ x 4 ¼” and I reenforced the score on that one.  I adhered the little tab made by scoring (1/2”) to the center back of my bubble bath colored DSP and then I adhered the DSP to the right inside of the card leaving equal borders around it (this becomes my buckle).  I added my leaf DSP that measured 1 x 3 ½” to the buckle I just attached to the card.  I added my final DSP piece to my final Parakeet Party cardstock and added a Dimensional at the very tip of each end (this becomes my latch).  I laid my buckle down flat on my card front and then I added my “latch” piece being sure to center my buckle so it is away from the Dimensionals.  (See Photo below)


Now all that is left is to decorate the card.  I used the 1 ¾” Circle Punch to punch out a circle from Basic White cardstock.  I stamped “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” from the stamp set onto the bottom center of the circle using Calypso Coral Ink and attached it to my latch.  Then I stamped the medium sized flower from the stamp set onto some scrap Basic White cardstock using Calypso Coral Ink and the two leaves in the stamp set onto scrap Basic White cardstock using Parakeet Party Ink.  I used the coordinating dies from the bundle and die cut both.  I used a little Wink of Stella to add some sparkle to my flower and leaves and used my bone folder to curl them a little for a more natural look and adhered both to the circle.  My final additions were a single Tinsel Gem and a bow made out of the 2022 – 2024 In Color Baker’s Twine (I used the Parakeet Party) and added it with a Mini Glue Dot.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment