Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 20, 2023

FAUX STEP CARD

Today’s card is a Faux Step card that uses the beautiful One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper.  This card was inspired by a fellow demonstrator Sue Campfield.  I love that it makes a fast and simple step card without all that measuring and cutting of a traditional step card.  It makes it a really fast and simple card that requires very few supplies.

Here is what I came up with…

  

The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that was cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 1, 2 and 6 ½”, and a second piece of the Night of Navy cardstock was cut to 2 ½ x 8 ½” and score at 3”.  These pieces will make the base of the card.  So first I reinforced my score lines with a bone folder.  The tent piece is a mountain fold.  For the base piece I made the score line at 1” a mountain fold, the score line at 2” a valley fold and the score line at 6 ½” a mountain fold.  Next, I prepared my Designer Series Paper (I love how this little A Frame looks on this card).  I started by cutting off the bottom at 4 3/8” (then cut the scrap from the bottom to ¾ x 4” saved it for the bottom of the card) next I cut ½” off the right side (cut this down to 4” and saved for the inside of the card), next comes the A Frame, I cut it to 2 ¼” (this will be the center focal piece), then I moved to the left side of the paper and cut 2 strips of the trees to 1” and then made them 4 ¼” long (these will be the two side pieces). 

Now to assemble.  I took my tent piece and adhered the long side to the center front (gluing it to that 1” mountain fold) aligning it with the bottom of the card.  Next I simply folded it over the front of the card and adhered the 3” piece to the back of the card (about 1” will stick up above the base card).  I then adhere the DSP, placing the A Frame focal point in the center, the trees on either side and the glowing light piece across the bottom (this also hides where that center piece comes down over the base of the card).  I took a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock and stamped my sentiment “Joyful” from the Horse & Sleigh Stamp Set in Night of Navy Ink and then I die cut it using the Nested Essentials Dies and adhered it with Dimensionals.  

For the inside I cut a 4 x 4 ¼” Basic White piece and added my little ½” piece of DSP to the left side and stamped the sentiment “Wishing you a Season of Cheer” also from the Horse & Sleigh Stamp Set onto it with Night of Navy Ink. 

There you have it, a step card without all the hassle.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at:

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment