Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 6, 2023

SEASON OF SPARKLE

Today’s card features the Magical Meadows Bundle and the Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper from the new Stampin’ Up! Mini catalog.  I had made this card a while back but this beautiful and versitile designer series paper had went on backorder so I waited to share it until it was available to everyone. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” (I love Cherry Cobbler for Christmas cards; the color is just so rich).  I then cut a piece of the Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper to 4 x 5 ¼”, I chose this beautiful piece with foliage on it.  Then I grabbed the stamp set from the Magical Meadows Bundle and found the stamp that looked just like the print on the paper and stamped it onto a couple scraps of Basic White cardstock using Old Olive ink (I stamped it a total of three times) and die cut it using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I wanted it to have some of the same shading as the DSP so I grabbed my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker and colored the branch in and then scribbled a little of the ink onto an acrylic block and using my Blender Pen, I picked it up and added a little light touch of it to the base of each leaf so they looked like the ones on the DSP.  I also mimicked the other branches by using one of the dies from the bundle to cut out 2 branches from scraps of Misty Moonlight cardstock. 

So before assembling I stamped the sentiment “may this season of sparkle bring joy & delight onto a piece of Basic White cardstock in Shaded Spruce ink.  Once that was done, I die cut it into a tag using the Tailor Made Tags Dies, I also cut the little re-enforcement for the tag (die is part of the set as well) out of a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and adhered it to the tag.  I used some White Baker’s Twine to create a little bow and then I popped it up on my card using Dimensionals.  I cut my three pieces of foliage to the lengths I wanted and tucked them and the branches cut from the Misty Moonlight cardstock up under the sentiment and adhered them to the card front.  For my final embellishment I colored three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels using my Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blend so they were the perfect color for the card. 

I hope you enjoy this card it was rather simple and easy and I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment