Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

ABUNDANT BEAUTY THREE WAYS

Today I am featuring the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks from the September – December Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog.  I have fallen in love with these masks and I love all the ways I can use them.  I especially love the ones that build the sunflowers, so today I am going to share three different cards in three different ink colors all made with these masks.

Here is what I came up with…

This first card is very basic with just two layers, a stamp, some inks and blending brushes.  I started with a card base that is Moody Mauve cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½ and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and used it to create my card front. 

(Now you can move the mask around anyway you like to create flowers where you want them (see my YouTube on how to use the masks at:  

 How to use Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks  

For this card I used Bubble Bath, Moody Mauve, Lemon Lolly, Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party and Granny Apple Green inks and my blending brushes to create my card.  I added the sentiment “Hope You’re Feeling Better Soon” from the So Sincere Stamp set and stamped it in Moody Mauve right onto the white layer.  I kept this card simple and did not add additional embellishments. 

The inside is a piece of 4 x 5 ¼” Basic White cardstock with a coordinating sunflower.  Now on to card #2...


This card is stepped up just a little.  The card base is Old Olive cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Daffodil Delight that is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8”.  Then I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and used it to create my card front.    

For this card I used Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pecan Pie, Copper Clay and Old Olive inks and my blending brushes to create my card.  I added this to the card base and then stamped the sentiment “Your kindness is so appreciated” from the So Sincere Stamp Set onto a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock using Old Olive Ink and then die cut it using one of the Something Fancy Dies.  I popped that up onto the card using Dimensionals and added a triple bow made from Linen Thread and three of the Glossy Dot Assortment Dots. 

The inside is a piece of 4 x 5 ¼” Basic White cardstock with a coordinating sunflower.  And card #3...


My final card is stepped up just a little more and is an easel card.  The card base is Tahitian Tide cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼”.  The card is folded in half just like any other card but then the score at 2 ¼” is folded as a mountain fold (fold pointed up) this will be the base of our easel.  Next, I cut a piece of Lemon Lolly cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8” and a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I added my sunflowers onto the Basic White cardstock using Tahitian Tide, Balmy Blue, Lemon Lolly, Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party and Granny Apple Green Inks and blending brushes.  Then I added little dots all over the front, I used a stamp from the Petal Park Stamp Set to add them in more of the Tahitian Tide ink (I did stamp off first so they wouldn’t be to over powering).  I added this layer to my Lemon Lolly layer and then added that whole thing to the card base being sure to only adhere the bottom half up to the score line.  I stamped my sentiment “HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH EVERYTHING GOOD” from the Timeless Arrangement Bundle onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tahitian Tide ink and then die cut it using one of the dies from the same bundle (I did stamp my sentiment toward the left so I could add my butterflies) I added this to the card using Dimensionals.  I made a little bow from the Lemon Lolly ribbon in the Sheer Ribbon Combo package and added it with a Mini Glue Dot.  Three little Brushed Brass Butterflies finished off the front.  To create the stopper for the easel inside the card I stamped “Happy Birthday” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tahitian Tide Ink and die cut it using one of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I also cut a second banner out of Lemon Lolly cardstock.  I cut the Lemon Lolly banner in half and glued the two ends behind the white and then popped the whole thing up using Dimensionals.  I also added a little place to write my message on the inside by adding a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” that I had also added one of the sunflowers to. 

I added sunflowers in coordinating colors to all three of the envelopes. 

I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly enjoyed making them.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Card 1

Product List


Card 2


Card 3
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment