Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, October 26, 2023

GONE FISHING DECKLED CIRCLE CARD

Today’s card features the new Deckled Circles dies and the Let’s Go Fishing Designer Series Paper.  I was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest that was created by Mary Fish so I decided to give it a go. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Wild Wheat cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then die cut the base using the #2 Deckled Circle (the number of the circle is based on #1 being the largest and #14 the smallest) leaving a 1 1/2 of the scored fold to the inside of the die so it doesn’t get cut.  Next, I cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock to 5 x 5” and one piece of Wild Wheat cardstock to 1 1/2 x 5”.  I attached the Wild Wheat cardstock to one of the Very Vanilla cardstock pieces and then die cut both pieces of the Very Vanilla using the #4 Deckled Circle.  

Then I moved onto my stamping.  I stamped the sentiment “Happy Birthday” from the Sentimental Park Stamp Set onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock measuring ½ x 2 ½” in Mossy Meadow Ink.  I flagged the ends of the piece for some added interest.  I used the Gone Fishing Bundle and stamped the fish in Mossy Meadow Ink and the bobber in Pecan Pie Ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and then die cut them with the coordinating dies in the bundle.  I stamped the sentiment “Hope Your Day is a Happy One” from the So Sincere Stamp Set in Mossy Meadow onto the Very Vanilla circle for the inside of my card.

I die cut Mossy Meadow cardstock using the #9 deckled circle, Pecan Pie cardstock die cut using #10 deckled circle, and Wild Wheat cardstock die cut using #11 deckled circle. Using the Let’s Go Fishing 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper I punched out the Wild Wheat and Mossy Meadow Plaid using the 2 ¾” Circle Punch, the Pecan Pie Plaid out using the 2″ Circle Punch and Very Vanilla cardstock using the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch.  I then added the water ripple die from the bundle onto the Very Vanilla circle so I could tuck my bobber down into it. 

To assemble, I just adhered the very vanilla layer to the card base and then adhered the circles as shown in the photo (there is no right or wrong way to layer these just do what looks good to you).  I adhered my second Very Vanilla circle with my sentiment to the inside.  I popped my fish, sentiment and bobber up with Dimensionals and added three of the 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots.  And there you have it a round card (my first time making one and I love it). 


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment