Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, March 6, 2023

6 x 6” One Sheet Wonder #2 (3-6-23)

Today I wanted to share three more cards I made using the template I shared last Thursday for cutting your Designer Series Paper.  I used the Fancy Flora DSP again today just choosing a different piece of the paper, this time one that was more in the orange tones.  I chose to use the beautiful Brushstrokes 12 x 12” Specialty Paper (I used the Soft Succulent colored piece) on all the cards.  This beautiful paper is thin like vellum but has an amazing brushed affect like a beautiful painting. 

So lets get started, in case you missed yesterdays post will will first we need to cut our Designer Series Paper and the template for that is below:



CARD 1 (uses the 2 x 5 ¼” piece of DSP)  

The card base is Calypso Coral cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then cut a piece of the Brushstrokes 12 x 12” Specialty Paper to 4 x 5 ¼” and adhered it to the card base (NOTE:  like vellum because this paper is so thin and fine it is best to add the adhesive with a sponge so you don’t distort it).  Next, I cut a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock to 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” and layered my Designer Series Paper onto it.  I added this piece about ¼” in on the Brushstroke paper on the left side.  I stamped my sentiment “GOD’S Blessings TO YOU” from the Hope & Peace Stamp Set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock with Calypso Coral Ink, that measured about ½ x 4” and I die cut it using a die from the Harvest Dies (remember if you don’t have a die you can simply cut a rectangle and stamp on it).  I then die cut the two layers of the word Sending from the Sending Dies, the shadow layer was cut from Soft Succulent cardstock and the top layer was cut from Calypso Coral cardstock.  I mounted the “Sending” centered near the top of the card and the sentiment near the bottom left of the card, popping each of them up with Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Opal Rounds that I had colored with the Dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend Marker (remember you can use these markers to make your own coordinating embellishments from lots of the plain embellishments offered by Stampin’ Up!  

CARD 2 (uses one of the 3 x 4” pieces of DSP)

The card base is Calypso Coral cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” (just to add some interest).  I again cut a piece of the Brushstrokes 12 x 12” Specialty Paper cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached it to my card base.  I stamped my sentiment “Hello THERE” from the Nature’s Print Stamp Set onto the Designer Series Paper using Calypso Coral Ink.  I then mounted the Designer Series Paper to a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and wrapped a piece of the Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon around it and tied a square knot.  Then I mounted that onto the center of the card base using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment on this card, I added three of the Opal Rounds that I had colored with the Dark Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blend Marker.     

CARD 3 (uses the second of the 3 x 4” pieces of DSP).

The card base is Petal Pink cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 5 ½”.  I again cut a piece of Brushstrokes 12 x 12” Specialty Paper to 4 x 5 ¼” and attached it to the card base.  I then took my last piece of Designer Series Paper and attached it to a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼”.  I wrapped a piece o the beautiful Soft Succulent Shimmer Ribbon around this piece and tied a square knot and mounted that onto the center of the card base using Dimensionals.  I did not add a sentiment or embellishments to this card.  I often wait to do this until I need a card and then I can customize it to my needs by adding an appropriate sentiment and/or additional embellishments.

I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly creating them and using this great template for a 6 x 6” One Sheet Wonder and you can be sure you will be seeing some more of these.  I do want to remind everyone that you don't need to be overwhelmed by the list of products here.  I used all of these because I had them on hand.  One set of stamps for sentiments would have been fine.  I could have limited the colors I used and could have chosen to simply use the opal rounds as they were instead of coloring them with the Stampin' Blends.  The idea is to think outside the box and see what YOU come up with.  As always you can find the supplies to create these cards and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment