Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

VIOLET DREAMS CENTER FLIP CARD

Today’s card features the new Violet Dreams Designer Series Paper and the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set.  I have made these cards before and have a template for but this one was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest made using the Violet Dreams DSP by Sue Campfield and I wanted to make it using this paper.  Once that was done I made a second one using the beautiful Moonlit Flora DSP that I will show later this week. 

Here is what I came up with…

And here is the template with all the cutting information. 

The card base is Secret Sea cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I cut two pieces of the Violet Dreams Designer Series Paper to 1 x 4” and added them to either side of the card base.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 x 8 ½” and scored it at 4 ¼”.  I attached this to the center of the card base.  Next, I cut a piece of Secret Sea cardstock to 2 7/8 x 4 1/8” and attached that to my white center.  I added another piece of the DSP to the center that measured 2 ¾ x 4”.  As you can see you can get a lot of drama from just a small amount of DSP with this fold. 

While the template does not show a sentiment layer, I did add one.  I stamped my sentiment “Happiest Birthday Wishes” from the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured ¾ x 3”.  I stamped it using Secret Sea Ink which is quickly becoming my favorite ink to work with as it just stamps such a beautifully clear image.  This stamp set is part of a bundle that was inspired by Sue Campfield one of Stampin’ Up!’s Million Dollar Sales Achievers (not typical and obtained by very few).  I added this to a piece of Secret Sea cardstock that measured 1 x 3” and attached that to my card.  I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel that I colored with my Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend, I love doing this as I can make my own perfectly coordinated embellishments. 

I wrapped the center flap of the card with Secret Sea Bordered Open Weave Ribbon that I tied into a square knot.  For the inside of the card I added the sentiment “May your day be filled with love and happiness” also from that Phrase & Frame stamp set once again using Secret Sea Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!  

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment