Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, March 10, 2023

6 x 6” One Sheet Wonder #4

Today I am sharing another example of the one sheet wonder cards.  I used the template I created and shared with you last Thursday with one exception.  Instead of cutting the one piece of Designer Series Paper to 2 x 5 ¼” I decided to cut it to 2 x 5 ½” so it would run from top to bottom on my card.  These cards also highlight one of the sheets of 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper from the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper Pack paired with Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen and Calypso Coral Cardstock and three different stamp and die sets.    

First we need to cut our Designer Series Paper and the updated template for that is below:

I want to point out that on these cards I used a different stamp set and dies on each card but you can use whatever stamps, dies, embossing folders, etc. you have to create your own cards.  Using this simple template just gives you are starting point so the sky is the limit. 

CARD 1 (uses the 2 x 5 ½” piece of DSP)   

The card base is Soft Succulent cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock to 2 ¼ x 5 ½” and layered my Designer Series Paper onto it.  I added this piece about 3/8” in on the edge of the card base on the left side.  I stamped my sentiment “you’ve been on my mind” in Evening Evergreen Ink (the stamp is from the Simply Succulents Stamp Set) onto a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that I die cut using one of the cute sentiment dies from the Potted Succulent Dies.  I also cut a second one of these sentiment dies out of Evening Evergreen cardstock, cut it in half and adhered it behind my sentiment one allowing a little to stick out of each end.  I added this to the bottom right of my card using Dimensionals.  For my focal point I stamped the large image of succulents and the single image of a succulent from the Simply Succulents Stamp Set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I then colored them in using Stampin’ Blends Markers (I am not going to list them because succulents come in all colors and you should experiment to see what you like).  Once everything was colored, I painted some Wink of Stella all over my succulents (sure wish that the shimmer would show in pics but take my word it really adds to the card) then used the coordinating dies from the Potted Succulents Dies and die cut them.  I added the largest to my card first using Dimensionals and then added the single one on top of it using more Dimensionals.  I liked the multi layered affect.   

CARD 2 (uses one of the 3 x 4” pieces of DSP)


The card base is Soft Succulent cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4”.  Next, I added a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” on an angle to my card base.  I also added my 3 x 4” Designer Series Paper also at an angle (don’t you just love the interest this adds to the card?).  I die cut the simple middle sized sentiment layer from the beautiful new Sentimental Parks Dies out of Basic White cardstock and stamped my sentiment “thinking of YOU” onto it using Evening Evergreen Ink.  Next, I cut the larger of the two floral sentiment dies out of Calypso Coral cardstock and added my white layer to it (the corners just tuck in under the flowers perfectly).  I added a little of the Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon to the left bottom corner of this die cut and then popped the whole thing up onto the center of my card using Dimensionals.  To add some extra interest, I colored seven of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the dark Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blend marker and added them to my card. 

CARD 3 (uses the second of the 3 x 4” pieces of DSP).


The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the Soft Succulent cardstock 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and attached my 3 x 4” piece of Designer Series Paper to it.  Now did you notice that this paper looks totally different?  That is because I used the other side of the DSP.  I forget to remind everyone that DSP has two sides so use them both.  Because the back side of this paper is so beautifully soft and neutral it worked great for stamping directly onto it.  So that is what I did, I stamped my sentiment “hello YOU” from the Shaded Summer Stamp set to the bottom right side of the DSP layer using Evening Evergreen Ink.  I them stamped my image (also from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set) onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Calypso Coral Ink.  I then die cut the image using the coordinating Summer Shadow Dies and adhered it onto my card.  I added a bow made from the Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon onto the card using a Mini Glue Dot.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Festive Pearls onto this layer.  Once this layer was completed, I added it to my card base using Dimensionals

I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly creating them and using this additional template for a 6 x 6” One Sheet Wonder and you can be sure you will be seeing some more of these.  As always you can find the supplies to create these cards and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment