Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

New Wonders

Isn't she just adorable?  I love her with the Perennial Essence DSP and my stampin blend markers made coloring her a breeze.



When I saw this stamp set for the first time I just fell in love and knew it was the perfect choice to use to create a card for a group swap that I participate in (this quarters challenge was a child's card but I don't think you need to be a kid to love this one).  What a cute set and how whimsical and fun.  The best part is that it is a hostess set so I got it and a little more for free when my party hit $150.00 in sales, now who doesn’t love free stuff, LOL.  It is perfect with the pretty peacock and rich razzleberry layers.  So here is how it was created.

I made the card base out of a half a sheet of the new pretty peacock cardstock (cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at  4 1/4”).  The next layer which was cut from rich razzleberry is just 4 7/8 x 3 5/8”, which is a little smaller than my typical first layer but I really wanted that pretty peacock to show and I just wanted a hint of the rich razzleberry to show.  I then cut a piece of whisper white cardstock that measured 3 ½ x 4 ¾” and stamped the adorable fairy to the right-side using memento ink (because I wanted to color with alcohol markers).  I added a strip of the Perennial Essence DSP that was 1 ¼ x 3 ½” on the left.  I finished it off by wrapping a piece of the pretty peacock scalloped linen ribbon (about 4 ¾” long) around the top layer just to cover the seam.

I colored the fairy in using several of the Stampin’ Blend alcohol markers (I will list which ones below) and then added a little wink of stella (can’t really see it in the picture) to the wings and a few of the rhinestone basic jewels.  I did pop this layer onto the center of the card base using dimensionals (I like the look of that higher layer). 

For the sentiment I simply cut a scrap of whisper white using the smallest of the Stitched Nested Label dies and stamped it using rich razzleberry ink and again used dimensionals to pop it over the ribbon at an angle on the front of the card.  For the inside of the card I cut a piece of whisper white card stock 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the center of it with the Happy Birthday sentiment from the stamp set.

I hope you like this card, it was created especially for a great group of ladies that I crafted with when I lived in California and who I still participate in card swaps with.  It makes me think of the fun we always had crafting together.  I will list all the supplies used below and of course they can all be found on my website at www.craftingwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of my blog. 

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Pretty Peacock (150880), Rich Razzleberry (115316) and Whisper White (100730)

DSP:  Perennial Essence (149100)

Ink:  Memento (132708) and Rich Razzleberry (147091)

Stamp Set:  New Wonders (149426)

Stampin’ Blends:  Petal Pink Combo (147272), Daffodil Delight Combo (144603), Pool Party (144605), Highland Heather Combo (147276), Light Cherry Cobbler (144576), Dark Old Olive (144573) and Light Granny Apple Green (146876)

Die:  Stitched Nested Labels (149638)

Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), Wink of Stella (141897) and Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149751)


No comments:

Post a Comment