Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tri-Fold Triangular Card


Today I am going to give you a sneak peek at some of the beautiful new products Stampin Up has in it's upcoming holiday catalog (as a demonstrator I can pre-order but as customers this catalog goes live to you on September 4th)



I just love fancy fold cards and this one is certainly beautiful.  So lets see how it was made.  First, we will start by cutting our paper, I used the beautiful Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper from the new Stampin Up Holiday Catalog.

Here are the cutting instructions:

Card Base: 10 1/4" x 4" you need to cut two of these (I used night of navy) score at 5 ½” and do a diagonal score on the shorter of the two sides of the base piece at 4” down to the bottom.  This will make your triangle folds.  Now flip one of the base pieces and adhere the larger area in the center and  the diagonal score lines out.  This creates the card base.
.
Bronze Glimmer Paper square: 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" (cut diagonally, this is the base for the star DSP) these get adhered to the triangle areas on the card base.
 
DSP: 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" (cut diagonally to make your triangles, I used the Star pattern from the Brightly Gleaming DSP, these pieces get adhered to the Bronze Glimmer Paper areas.

Pattern Paper front: 3 3/4" x 4 1/4" you need to cut two of these (I used the back side of the star patterned DSP paper, I just love how the Stampin Up DSP’s coordinate and all of them have two sides to choose from.  Lay this piece down on the underside of the front of the card and make a pencil mark placed at the top and bottom and then cut between the two, being sure to leave the same amount of border showing around each of them.

Base for stamped images:  3 x 2 ¾” (I used night of navy).   So, to decorate I decorated the top of my card I using several items and techniques.  I stamped two ornaments and just the top of one onto Bronze Shimmer paper using VersaMark ink and Bronze embossing powder and heat set them using the heat tool.  I then used the coordinating punch and punched them out.  I also punched one of the ornaments out of a small piece of the Brightly Gleaming DSP and attached the top of the ornament that I had stamped and embossed on bronze glimmer paper (I think it makes it look more realistic.  I mounted the two that were done on the bronze glimmer paper to the center of the 3 x 2 ¾” night of navy cardstock and added the third one using dimensionals. This piece is then centered on the front of the card and adhered (only to the left side so the card can open).  

For the inside of the card I simply stamped this beautiful sentiment from the Peaceful Boughs stamp set using Night of Navy ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".


I am very pleased with how my card turned out, what do you think?  I will list all the products used to create this card below and they can all be found on my website beginning September 4th at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Night of Navy (100867) and Whisper White (100730)
DSP:  Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP (150429)
Stamps:  Christmas Gleaming (150464) and Peaceful Boughs (150541)
Punch:  Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (150647) 
Ink:  VersaMark (102283) and Night Navy (147110)
Misc:  Copper Embossing Powder (141636)

NOTE:  If you purchase the Christmas Gleaming Bundle you will receive both the stamp set and the punches and save 10% on both.

No comments:

Post a Comment