Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 26, 2019

Season's Greetings

Looking for a quick and easy card for Christmas this year?  Well this just might be the perfect choice, easy, fast but elegant looking...



Today I got to play with some of the new Stampin Up Holiday products (these will be available for purchase on September 4th so don’t miss out).  I just love how the Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce and the Gold work so well together. 

So here is how I made this card (it is actually a pretty simple card and could easily be made in bulk). 

I cut a piece of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” to make my card base.  Next I cut a piece of the new Wrapped in Plaid DSP (yes I love it and you are going to be seeing a lot more of this in my projects) to1 x 5 ½”.  I cut a piece of the Shaded Spruce (the fact that all these colors coordinate so perfectly is what I love about Stampin Up) to 1 ¼ x 5 ½”.  I mounted the DSP onto the Shaded Spruce and mounted that onto my card base about ¾” from the top.

I then die cut some beautiful pine boughs and added a little Shimmery Chrystal Effects and some Ice Stampin’ Glitter to mimic snow on the boughs.   I stamped the ornaments onto scraps of the Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce cardstock using VersaMark ink and used gold embossing powder to give my ornaments a real wow effect and punched them out using the coordinating punch.  Finally, I stamped the greeting in the bottom right corner using VersaMark ink and gold embossing powder and heat embossed it. 

I assembled the card as shown in the photo, I did pop the red ornament up using dimensionals, I am really happy with the affect.  For the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” using the Shaded Spruce Ink.  Here is what that looks like:



This card was actually very easy to create and went together quickly.  I will certainly be making more of these.  You will find all the supplies I used listed below and they along with lots more new products will be available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog beginning on September 4th.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 

Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler (119685), Shaded Spruce (146981) and Whisper White (100730)
DSP:  Wrapped in Plaid (149596)
Stamp Sets:  Peaceful Boughs (150541) and Christmas Gleaming (150464)
Punch:  Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (150647)
Ink:  VersaMark (102283) and Shaded Spruce (147088)
Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), Shimmery Crystal Effects (150892), Ice Stampin’ Glitter (150445), Gold Embossing Powder (109129) and Heat Tool (129053)

NOTE:  If you order the Christmas Gleaming Bundle (stamp set and punch set) you save 10% on both items

No comments:

Post a Comment