Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, August 16, 2019

Double Front Fold Card



This fun fold card was inspired by a fellow Stampin Up Demonstrator, Lisa Curcio from Lisas Stamp Studio.  I really love Lisa’s designs and often look to her for inspiration as she is very talented.  So this card has some unique qualities in it that include several different areas that you can stamp either images or sentiments.  So here is how it is made.

I began by cutting a piece of soft suede cardstock to 5 ½ x 6 ¼” and scoring it at 2” to create my cardbase, to this I added a piece of Designer Series paper 1 ¾ x 5 ¼”.  Next I cut a piece of whisper white cardstock to 5 ¼ x 8” and scored it at 4” (this makes the insert) which was adhered to the inside center of the cardbase.  Cut two pieces of whisper white cardstock to 2 ½ x 3” and two pieces of night of navy cardstock to 2 ¾ x 3 ¼”.  

I stamped the larger of the sailboats onto a scrap of whisper white cardstock using night of navy ink and cut it out with the coordinating die.  On the first piece of the 2 ½ x 3” whisper white cardstock I stamped the birds using memento black ink and the sentiment using soft suede (being sure to leave room for my sailboat).  I then attached the sailboat using dimensionals.  This piece was then layered onto one of the night of navy pieces.  This was added to the front center of the card using dimensionals (be sure to keep them all to the left side so the right side remains open. 

For the next layer I stamped the compass into the center of the second piece of 2 ½ x 3” whisper white using the night of navy ink (be sure to check the direction of the stamp to get north facing to the top.  I then cut one of the compass needles out of soft suede using the coordinating dies and placed it in the center of the compass and added a little rhinestone jewel to it.  This was also mounted onto a piece of night of navy and then it was lined up directly under the whisper white and night of navy layer on the front of the card.



For the final layer I simply stamped the rope in soft suede and added the congrats sentiment stamped in night of navy.  Here is that final layer…


So as you see this card is pretty basic and can be adapted to many of the Stampin’ Up stamp sets.  I hope you enjoy this fun fold.  All the products to make this card and many more projects can be found on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of my blog.  

As always, Happy Crafting!!!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Soft Suede (115318), Night of Navy (100867) and Whisper White (100730)
DSP: Come Sail Away (149481)
Inks:  Memento Black (132708), Night of Navy (147110) and Soft Suede (147115)
Stamp Set:  Sailing Home (149457)
Dies:  Smooth Sailing (149576)
Misc:  Multipurpose Glue (110755), Dimensionals (104430) and Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220)

No comments:

Post a Comment