Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, August 23, 2019

Bridge Fold Card



The bridge fold card is actually a pretty simple card to make and it folds down to fit nicely in a standard A-2 envelope.  So lets get started.

Cut a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock to 4 ¼ x 8” and score the 8” side at 1 ¼, 2 ½, 5 ½ and 6 ¾".  Cut two pieces of Designer Series paper (I used the Come Sail Away suite for this card) 1 x 4”.  The center of the card was cut from a piece of Seaside Spray cardstock (one of the new in colors that is just beautiful) that measures 2 ¾ x 4” (there is also a piece of whisper white cut to the same size that was mounted on the back to write your message (I did stamp the compass from the Sailing Home stamp set in the corner for some visual interest, see photo below).  The final pieces art the bridge, cut a piece of Bluberry bushel cardstock cut to 1 x 5 ½” and a piece of whisper white cut to ¾ x 5 ¼”. 



So to get this card assembled you need to stamp the ocean onto the seaside spray panel, I used Pacific Point ink and a stamp from the High Tide stamp set to create this.  I also added the three seagulls at the top corner which are the Sailing Home stamp set using memento black ink.  I attached this panel as well as the two side pieces of DSP and the back whisper white panel at this point.

I used some scraps of whisper white to stamp two sail boats (one small and one large) using memento black ink and then used the coordinating die set to cut them out, to add some visual interest I did color in the hulls of the ships using my dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blend marker.  I stamped the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler ink and cut it out using one of the Layering Circle dies (I used these all the time).  I selected the next largest circle in the die set and cut out a mat from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock (this is why I keep all these little scraps, LOL).  I then cut the rope and ships wheel out of Soft Suede cardstock again using dies from the coordinating set (this set has a lot of pieces and is very versitle. 

So to finalize the card simply glue the bridge to the two sides of the card.  Glue the rope across the center of the bridge and add the ships wheel (I did use a little metallic pearl for the center of the wheel).  Finally, using dimensionals add your sentiment.  And there you have it.

I hope you enjoy this card and as always you can find all the products to make this card and so much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 
Cardstock:  Blueberry Bushel (146968), Seaside Spray (150883), Whisper White (100730), Soft Suede (115318) and Cherry Cobbler (119685)
DSP:  Come Sail Away (149481)
Ink:  Memento Black (132708) and Cherry Cobbler (147083)
Stamps:  High Tide (143006) and Sailing Home (149457)
Dies:  Smooth Sailing (149576) and Layering Circles (141705)
Misc:  Dark Cherry Stampin Blend (144575), Dimensionals (104430), Metallic Pearls (146282) and Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)

No comments:

Post a Comment