Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Merry Christmas Plaid Tree Card


So I am still playing playing with some of the new Stampin Up Holiday products (these will be available for purchase on September 4th so don’t miss out).  I just love how the Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce and the Gold work so well together on my last card so I used that same color combination again.   

So here is how I made this card (it is actually a pretty simple card and another one that could easily be made in bulk). 

I cut a piece of the Shaded Spruce cardstock to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” to make my card base.  Then I cut a piece of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 5 ¼ x 4” for the first layer and mounted it onto the card base.   Next I cut a piece of the new Wrapped in Plaid DSP (yes I love it and you are going to be seeing a lot more of this in my projects) to 2 x 5 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Shaded Spruce to 2 1/8 x 5 ¼ and mounted the DSP onto it.  I then mounted that layer onto the Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler layers about mounted that onto my card base about 1 3/8” from the top.

I then stamped some of the cute little plaid Christmas trees onto Whisper White cardstock using the Shaded Spruce ink and punched them out with the coordinating tree punch.  Next I stamped the sentiment “Merry Christmas” onto a scrap of the Shaded Spruce cardstock using VersaMark ink and used gold embossing powder to make my sentiment really pop.  I used the Timeless label punch and punched it out.  I also punched a second label out of the Gold Foil paper.  I simply cut it in half and adhered the pieces to the back of the sentiment allowing a little of the gold to show on each side.  I then placed it in the upper left corner at an angle using dimensions.  I added a tree on either side of the card and then added the third to the middle and a little higher than the other two using dimensions again. 

For the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” using the Shaded Spruce Ink and added the tree from the stamp set stamped in Shaded Spruce and the trunk stamped in soft suede.  Here is what that looks like:


Like the last card this card was very easy to create and went together quickly.  I will certainly be making more of these.  You will find all the supplies I used listed below and they along with lots more new products will be available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog beginning on September 4th.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 

Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler (119685), Shaded Spruce (146981) and Whisper White (100730)
DSP:  Wrapped in Plaid (149596)
Stamp Sets:  Perfect Plaid (149418)
Punch:  Pine Tree Punch (149521)
Ink:  VersaMark (102283), Shaded Spruce (147088) and Soft Suede (147115)
Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), Gold Foil Sheet (132622), Gold Embossing Powder (109129) and Heat Tool (129053)

NOTE:  If you order the Perfectly Plaid Bundle #151143 (stamp set and punch) you save 10% on both items


No comments:

Post a Comment