Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Good Morning Magnolia Thank You's

I have been working on a series of thank you cards (we recently lost my father in law) to send to family and friends who have been so supportive over the past few weeks and months.  So here is a simple yet elegant one I made to send out (there will be more examples to follow over the next few days).

This card features the beautiful Good Morning Magnolia Designer Series Paper (I just love this paper) along with Petal Pink and Old Olive.  I used both petal pink cardstock under one of the sentiments and then old olive under the second one, I am not sure which I prefer, what do you think?



As I said these are some pretty simple cards so here is how they were made.  

Create the cardbase by cutting whisper white cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score the 8 1/2" side at 4 1/4".  Prepare the top of the card by cutting a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 2 x 5" and layer it centered on the bottom half of a Petal Pink layer that measures 4 x 5 /4".  Now wrap a piece of the 5/8" Petal Pink Organdy Stripped Ribbon around the card and tie in a square knot.  Add this layer to the top of the whisper white card base.

To create the sentiment I used Petal Pink ink and stamped off on scrap paper so I could get a softer second generation image of the magnolia.  (This set also has a sister set that is a small but powerful stamp set that includes the beautiful Thank You sentiment seen above along with a really pretty Happy Birthday.)  I used the Magnolia Blooms stamp set for my Thank You sentiment and stamped it in old olive.  I used my 2" circle punch and punched it out and then mounted that onto a piece of old olive that I had punched out using my Starburst punch (love how fast and easy it is to create with punches).  I added some dimensionals to the back of the sentiment and popped it onto the front of the card.  The card was finished off with a couple of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels (remember the key is odd numbers).

I hope you enjoy this card, all the supplies to make this and more are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net  

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702) and Petal Pink (146985)
DSP:  Magnolia Lane (149484)
Ink: Old Olive (147090) and Petal Pink (147108)
Stamp Sets:  Good Morning Magnolia (149298) and Magnolia Blooms (152729)
Misc: 5/8" Organdy Striped Ribbon (149441), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and Dimensionals (1004430)

No comments:

Post a Comment