Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 22, 2019

Everything is coming up Daisies

First I need to apologize for being away so long.  Unfortunately, we lost my father in law this past week.  He was an amazing man and lived a wonderful full 95 years.  While he will be greatly missed I have found comfort in crafting this past week.  He always wanted to see what was going on in my craft room and he was a true inspiration.

So here is a card I taught at my monthly card workshop last week.  It is a pretty basic card and could be recreated in any number of colors.  I love the simplicity of it but also know with just a few more embellishments it could be even more stunning.  I just chose to keep it simple and pretty much intended to make it a card that could be used for many different things...


Cardstock:  Whisper White Cardstock (100730) cut to 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” for the base, 
                     and 1 piece 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” along with scraps to stamp daisies
                     Pretty Peacock (150880) cut to 4 x 5 ¼”
                     Granny Apple Green (146990) cut to 1 7/8” x 3 7/8”

DSP:  2019 – 2021 In Color 6 x 6” DSP (149617) cut to 1 ¾” x 3 7/8”

Ink:  Pretty Peacock (150083) and Granny Apple Green (147095)

Stamp Set:  Daisy Lane (149325)

Punch:  Daisy (143713)

Misc:  Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine (124262), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220) and Dimensionals (1004430)

Stamp ferns using Granny Apple Green Ink (I stamped first, second and third generation) in a circular direction from the center of the piece of whisper white cardstock that measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” and the sentiment in the bottom right corner using Pretty Peacock ink.  Layer DSP onto the Granny Apple Green Cardstock and then center that onto the stamped whisper white layer.  Layer all of that onto the Pretty Peacock layer and glue.  Wrap the whisper white baker’s twine around the card and tie a bow.  Now add the daisy using a dimensional for texture and interest.  Layer all of this onto the whisper white card base and add some rhinestone basic jewels.  

As you can see this card could easily be created using any of the new 6 x 6" (or any other) DSP.  I love how Stampin Up's products coordinate so beautifully, they sure know how to make me look good.  I hope you enjoyed this card and as always you can find all the products used to create this card on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  Just a reminder July is Bonus Days, earn a $5 coupon with every $50 order (coupon can be spent in August) see my post from July 2nd for more information.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment