Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 8, 2019

Stampin Up is not just for cards

I know, hard to believe but it is true.  You can use Stampin Up products for lots of projects and over the next few weeks I intend to share some of those here with you.  Things like scrapbook layouts and 3-D projects.

So here is the first one, this two page scrapbook layout features several Stampin Up products.  What do you think?


I used the new Daisy Lane bundle and the Butterfly Beauty dies to create this amazing page.  I purchased the Butterfly Beauty dies and stamp set several months ago and have used it several times to create cards but I always wanted to do a scrapbook page with it.  Well along comes the Daisy Lane bundle and I know it is a match made in heaven.  I actually cut several sets of these butterflies alternating the colors of the layers between Rococo Rose and Merry Merlot to get the affect I was looking for.  I did cut two sets apart to get my individual butterflies and I love them.  


I do love the detail of the layers and when I cut them apart I could even bend the wings up giving them a bit more dimension.  

On of the starts of this page though are the beautiful Daisies.  For this corner I stamped three of the ferns directly onto the page using Mint Macaron ink.  Then I started on the daisies, I just love the ease of working with a punch.  I stamped three of the larger of the daisies onto whisper white cardstock using Rococo Rose ink, three of the medium daisies onto whisper white cardstock with Merry Merlot ink and three of the medium daisies onto mint macaron cardstock using Mint Macaron ink (love that tone on tone look).  I then grabbed my trusty punch and punched them out.  I offset the layers and used my bone folder to give the petals a little curve.  I added the largest of the clear faceted gems to the center of the larger daisy and the medium sized one to the medium daisies.  I like how it turned out.


There are lots of ways to add texture to pages, these flowers and butterflies worked great but I also added a little greenery using one of the dies from the butterfly beauty die set.  Here's how that looks...


On the other side of the layout I wanted to try something different so I added layered daisies that were created by layering two medium daisies of one color onto two of the larger daisies stamped in another color.  I love the affect.  


I also love how the Garden Lane Designer Series Paper worked on this page.  Well I hope you like this layout, I will list all the supplies used below, which can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.   Just a reminder July is Bonus Days, earn a $5 coupon with every $50 order (coupon can be spent in August) see my post from July 2nd for more information.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  

Stamps, Punches and Dies:  Daisy Lane Stamp set (149325), Medium Daisy Punch (149517) and Daisy Punch (143713)  (Reminder:  You can bundle the stamp and medium daisy punch and save 10% on both using item #151118) and Butterfly Beauty Die set (148536) 

Paper:  12 x 12" Whisper White Cardstock (124302), Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Rococo Rose (150882), Merry Merlot (146979), Mint Macaron (138337), Soft Seafoam (146988) and Garden Lane DSP (149488)

Ink: Rococo Rose (150080), Merry Merlot (147112) and Mint Macaron (147106)

Misc: Faceted Gems (144142)




No comments:

Post a Comment