Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Some fun with the new In Colors and Daisy Lane

I love how simple and easy these cards are to make.  Simply replace the Smile sentiment with Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Get Well, you name it.  This is the perfect design to use to create stacks of cards.  I will certainly be using it to make a bunch for my church.



Cut the following pieces:

In Color of choice or any color you wish 8 ½ x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” to make cardbase and two strips of that same color that measure ½ x 8 1/2”.  Cut a piece of coordinating In Color DSP 2 ¼ x 4” and a piece of Whisper White to 4 x 5”

Mark Whisper White along long side at ¾” and 2 ¾” on both the top and the bottom with a tiny pencil mark.


Using a light pencil mark mark from the ¾” mark on top to the 2 ¾” mark on the bottom and from the 3/4" on the bottom to the 2 3/4" on the top and cut along the lines until you have two pieces that look like this:  



Glue ½ strip from one cut corner to the center leaving ¼” exposed and trim even.  Do this on all four edges and stamp the sentiment in the right lower corner using the same in color.


Glue DSP between the whisper white pieces and mount this piece to the card base using dimensionals.

 Stamp two large and two medium daisies stamped from the Daisy Lane stamp set and punch out using the large and medium punches.  Curl petals up using a bone folder and layer as shown, add a coordinating in color faceted dot to the center of the daisy.


 Now center the daisy on the DSP and you have your card.



I hope you like this design as much as I do.  I will list the supplies used below and as always they can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking on the shopping button at the top of my blog.  

Thanks for joining me and Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Whisper White (100730), 2019 - 2021 In Color Cardstock (Item #149701, there are 4 each of the 5 colors shown in the first photo or you can select individual colors you wish to work with, but these packs are a great way to get started and have a variety of colored cardstock to work with)

DSP:  2019 - 2021 In Color 6 x 6" Designer Series Paper

Ink:  In Color Classic Stamp pads were used (these can be purchased in the color you choose to use simply look up the specific color you want on my website)

Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), bone folder (102300), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and the 2019 - 2021 In Color Faceted Dots (149607)









  










No comments:

Post a Comment