Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, July 5, 2019

Shadow box card

So I watched a great video that was created by Jennifer McGuire and I loved the shadow box card she made.  It got me thinking about my Free as a Bird stamp set and how great it would work for a shadow box card.  So here is my card that was inspired by her video...


The concept is pretty basic.  I cut two pieces of cardstock (one whisper white and one daffodil delight) that measured 6 1/4" wide by 5 1/2" high.  Each was scored at 1/2", 1", 5 1/4" and 5 3/4".  On the whisper white I folded the first score, 1/2" into a valley fold and the second score at 1" into a mountain fold, the 5 1/2" score was a valley fold and the 5 3/4" was a mountain fold.  The daffodil delight was folded the same way. 

I stamped the whisper white with the Birch background stamp in Sahara Sand.  I cut the center of the daffodil delight using one of the stitched rectangles dies.

Then I started making my pieces.  I stamped the birds on the branch from the stamp set and colored them in with the Stampin' Blends (of course I always want one to be different because that is how life is).  Ia also stamped several flowers, some leaves and one of the lone birds and colored them all with the blends (I love that these things make me look like I actually know what I am doing when it to coloring. I then fussy cut those pieces.  

To assemble I started by cutting a piece of balmy blue cardstock 4 3/8 x 5 3/8" which I also cut the center out using the stitched rectangle die (a size down from the one I used on the daffodil delight.  This served several purposes, it gave me added stability as well as the opportunity to tuck my little bird and some of my leaves in between the layers when I attached it to the back of the daffodil delight layer.  

I added my branch of birds to the whisper white back using dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment on a piece of daffodil delight that measured 3/4" x 3 1/2" and glued it behind my front opening.  I then assembled my card by gluing the two outer flaps together (the ones at 1/2" and 5 3/4" and finished embellishing with my flowers, leaves, and pearl jems.  

The card folds into itself so it fits in a standard A2 envelope but I would certainly be sure to have it hand canceled if sending through the mail.  I hope this description helps you to recreate one of these cards because they are really cute and a lot of fun.  This could be adapted to many of the sets sold by Stampin Up.

To find the products I used for this card and many others please head over to my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or click on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Just a reminder July is Bonus Days, earn a $5 coupon with every $50 order (coupon can be spent in August) see my post from July 2nd for more information.  

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment