Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 29, 2019

Introducing Good Morning Magnolia


Who would not love a card made from this beautiful stamp set?



What can I say, I am in love with this whole bundle.  I moved to North Carolina just four short years ago and I have learned to really love the south, especially the beautiful and fragrant Magnolia Trees.  When I saw this bundle in the new annual catalog, I knew it would be a must have.  I not only fell in love with the stamps, wow check out some of these beautiful sentiments, I also love, love, love the DSP.  Oh and the dies are amazing as well, I even used one to make some beautiful 3-D Magnolia’s that I will be sharing in a future post.  This set was just made for the Stampin’ Blends (even I look good using these). 
Check out this beautiful set…


Today’s card was one that was a bittersweet creation.  I lost my beloved father in law last week and I promised my mother in law that I would create personal thank you cards for the many people who cared for Dad while he was on home hospice care, those who visited, sent flowers, made donations in his name, brought food and provided so much support during this trying time.  So this week I have started them and this set just spoke to me so it was the one I chose to use to create our thank you cards.  This is the first of several designs we will be using. 

The card base is side opening (here is what I mean, this is the inside)…



I started by cutting a piece of Petal Pink cardstock to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” to make the card base, I then cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and a piece of the stripped DSP at 3 ½ x 4 ¾”.  Each was layered onto of the other.  I stamped the large magnolia using Memento ink (because it works great with the alcohol markers) and colored it with the Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below).  When I was done coloring it I used the coordinating die from the bundle and cut out the magnolia.  I then used the starburst punch to punch out a base for my circle containing my sentiment.  I just punched it out of a scrap of the petal pink cardstock but it would have been equally appealing if I had punched it out of the center of the old olive layer before I adhered the layers (this is a great tip for saving paper).  I used the 2” circle punch to punch out the layer for the sentiment from a scrap of whisper white.  I used petal pink ink and the smaller Magnolia stamp (which I stamped off once before adding it to the white).  The “Thank you” sentiment is from a cute new mini set called “Magnolia Blooms Stamp Set (I ordered this set because I loved the font on the Happy Birthday and Thank You sentiments included in it, plus this cute little set is just $14 and very versatile).  Here it is…


I mounted the Magnolia and the sentiment onto the front of the card using dimensionals.  I did add one small rhinestone jewel to the card as well.  For the inside I simply cut a piece of whisper white to 4 x 5 1/4” and then added a little ½ x 5 ¼” piece of the same stripped DSP to the bottom.  I think this is a very pretty card and I just loved the outcome.

You can find all the supplies to order all the products used to create this card and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of my blog.  I will list all the products used below.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Magnolia Blooms (152729) and Good Morning Magnolia (149298)  (Reminder if you purchase the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle, item #151087, you receive a 10% discount on the stamp set and the die set)
Die:  Magnolia Memory Dies (149578)  (Reminder if you purchase the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle, item #151087, you receive a 10% discount on the stamp set and the die set)
Stampin’ Blends:  Light Calypso Coral (144042), Petal Pink Combo (147272), Daffodil Delight Combo (144603), Dark Soft Suede (146875), Light Old Olive (144574) and Granny Apple Green Combo (147274)
Ink:  Memento (132708), Old Olive (147090) and Petal Pink (147108)
Cardstock:  Old Olive (100702) and Petal Pink (146985)
Misc:  Adhesive of choice (I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)Starburst Punch (143717), 2” Circle Punch (133782), Dimensionals (104430) and Rhinestone Jewels (144220)






No comments:

Post a Comment