Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Monday, May 23, 2016

Check out these 14 cards!!

I want to start out with stating that I did not create this one sheet wonder pattern.   I got the idea from a post I saw from Francine Davis, Independent Close to my Heart consultant from Kaleidoscope Heart Scraps where she used this pattern with the La Vie En Rose Paper Packet from Close to my Heart and I just loved it.  The actual instructions and diagrams can be found at  http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/11/one-sheet-wonder/  

I have wanted to try some of these one sheet wonders for a while now and I am so happy that I did. These cards will finish off all I need to fill my little card purse plus some.  I have to say I am going to be using this one for many more projects.   Here is the cutting diagram for this project.  


 While one of the goals of the One Sheet Wonder is to create cards with no patterned paper waste, there is a very small rectangle left unused (1¼” x¼” noted in orange above).

Step 1:  Cut along the horizontal lines first. (Note orange lines in diagram above.)

Step 2:  Begin cutting along the vertical measurements.
  
Step 3:  Continue cutting across the first horizontal block.  Be sure to keep your pieces in order (you can label the pieces, but may not want to if you are using the Close to My Heart Background and Texture (B&T) paper as you can use either side and increase the possibilities).

Step 4:  Continue until all pieces are cut.    

                           
    
Step 5:  Finish cards as desired.  This is the assembly diagram, I did alter some of mine a bit but you get the idea.  You can move things around to make it work for the sentiment or stamp set you want to use.


One Sheet Wonder tips
1. Keep it simple. Cut and assembly time will increase if the layout includes many small pieces.
2. Use paper with a non-directional patterns. Some patterns of stripes, images or text will limit the directional use of each piece and complicate the process.
3. If using a one-sided pattern, you can lightly mark your layout’s measurements on the back side. By using double-sided patterned paper, the design options increase with the ability to mix and match the two patterns on one or more cards.

I used one 12 x 12 sheet of B&T paper from the Happy Times Paper collection which is available this month for free with a qualifying $60 order or it can be purchased for $14.95 during this month only.  To that I added 14 premade card bases and two sheets of gold foil cardstock (you could use any cardstock you wanted for the mats, I just happened to have a couple sheets of this in my stash from a project I did a few years back and I thought it worked well with this paper). 

So here are my cards and what I used to make them.  Please forgive the photos, the quality leaves something to be desired.  It was very difficult to photograph them because of all the gold and its reflectivity.  I have to say they are much prettier in person than on the photos. 

All cards were stamped using Memento Ink (Z899) and all are mounted on premade bases from the White Value Pack (X254).  The Happy Times Paper Packet is (CC1063).  Remember these are just the stamps I used, you could use any stamps that you wish.

Card 1 – (I turned this card another way) stamp set: Say It All (C1632) (retired)


Card 2 – stamp set: Smiles Begin With You (A1172), ShinHan Markers: Tender Pink (Z2464) and Leaf Green (Z2454)


 Card 3 – stamp set: So Many Smiles (C1619)


 Card 4 – (I turned this card in another direction) stamp set: Joyful Birthday (B1419)


 Card 5 - stamp set: Joyful Birthday (B1419)


Card 6 – stamp set: Friendship Wreath (M1055) and ShinHan Golden Yellow Marker (Z2452)


Card 7 – stamp set Say It All (C1632) (retired), Florence Sequins (Z3213), Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091)


 Card 8 – stamp set Take Heart (C1639) (retired), ShinHan Markers: Tender Pink (Z2464), Leaf Green (Z2454) and the colorless blending marker (Z2469)


Card 9 - stamp sets: Joyful Birthday (B1419) and Love Life (D1482), Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091), 3D foam tape (Z2060) (I like to pop up my sentiments sometimes to add more interest) the swirls were stamped with Blush ink which is now retired but you could use any color you have on hand


Card 10 – stamp sets: Victorian Gratitude (M1131) and Love Life (D1482), Gold sequin (Z2012), Sparkles Assortment (Z1752) 3D foam tape (Z2060) and Blush ink (retired)


Card 11 - stamp set: Take Heart (C1639) (retired) and Gold sequins (Z2012)


 Card 12 – stamp set: A Penned Hello (M1130) and Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091)


Card 13 – stamp sets: Little Things (A1183) (this is a retired hostess set) and Love Life (D1482)


 Card 14 – stamp set: So Many Smiles (C1619) and Pink Enamel Gems (Z3091)


 As always all the supplies to make these cards and many more projects can be purchased from my OBA at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shop now button at the top of this blog.  I hope you enjoyed this project and Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment