Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, April 17, 2022

In Colors and Shimmer Vellum

I just love the shimmer vellum so I decided to use it again.  I created these cards yesterday but didn’t get a chance to write up a blog post because I had to teach a card class (my favorite thing to do) so I wanted to share them today.  I have been trying to use some of the retiring products so that I can show you some fun things you can do with items that are currently on clearance.  Today’s cards feature the 2021 – 2023 In Colors and while they are not retiring some of the products featuring them are.  Specifically in these cards I used the Shimmery Vellum and In Color Gems both of which are not only retiring but they are on sale right now (while supplies last).   

Here’s what I ended up with…






All of these cards are created exactly the same way you just change the color of the cardstock and the ink used in each one.  So, the card bases are all Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut panels that measure 4 x 5 ¼” in each of the colors, Pale Papaya, Magenta Madness, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen.  I took each of those panels and using stamps from the Quiet Meadow stamp set I added images stamped in the coordinating ink color to give me a tone-on-tone affect.  I used the words, the floral spray and the ink spots to do this.  Once that was done, I adhered these panels to the card bases.  Next, I cut strips of the Shimmer Vellum (man do I wish the pictures showed that awesome shimmer better) in each of the five colors to 2 x 5 ½” and adhered them to the front of the card as shown in the photos above.  Next, using the Meadow Dies I die cut 5 each of the flowers shown on the cards and five each of the labels shown on the cards out of Basic White cardstock.  I adhered the flowers to the cards and then stamped my sentiment “Thinking of You” onto each of the labels using the coordinating ink color.  I popped those sentiments up on the cards using Dimensionals.  I also added three each of the coordinating 2021 – 2023 In Color Jewels to each card and a little White Twine Ribbon bow was added to the sentiment label with a Glue Dot.

I hope you enjoy this set of cards I certainly enjoyed making them.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment