Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, April 18, 2022

Crane of Fortune Fun Fold

Today I wanted to feature the Crane of Fortune bundle along with the beautiful Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper.  So, I decided to do that by creating a fun fold card. 

Here’s what I ended up with…


There are a number of pieces to this card so let us start out by cutting and scoring are pieces.  Here are the cutting instructions: 

Smoky Slate Cardstock: 

Card Base, 4-1/4" x 10-1/2", scored at 5-1/2", 6-3/4", 8-3/4", 10"

Card Front, 2-1/2" x 6, scored at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" 

Basic Gray Cardstock for layers:

4 x 5 ¼”, 4 x 1 ¾”m 2 ¼ x 4” and 1 x 4 ¼” 

Designer Series Paper:

3 ¾ x 5”, 3 ¾ x 1 ½” and 2 x 3 ¾”

Now that everything is cut let’s assemble.  Start by reinforcing all the score lines.  Add your Layers and Designer Series Paper as seen in the photo (Do this before adhering anything together).  Now once you have all your layers and Designer Series Paper on, we can start to assemble.  Here are the assembly steps (this is just a mock up so remember yours should already have your layers and DSP attached:

 Step 1 – this is your card base; score well, flip over and add adhesive, then close as shown, this should create a box. 

    

Step 2 – This is the card front: score well, attach the bottom of the card front to the bottom of the card base as shown in the second picture, add adhesive and bring the card together as shown here, this will create another box.

  

And here is what it should look like:

Now that is all the construction and we can get on with the decorating.  On my piece of Gray Granite that measured ¾ x 4” I stamped my sentiment “Wishing a lifetime of Happiness & a world full of Love” to the center of it with Smoky slate Basic Gray ink.  I then dove tailed both it and the 1 x 4 ¼” Gray Granite pieces using the Banners Pick a Punch.  I stamped the crane from the bundle onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Basic Gray ink and die cut it with the coordinating die from the bundle.  I attached the crane right to the front of the card and then attached my sentiment over it using Dimensionals.

For the back of my card, I added a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and a Gingko branch that was die cut using the die from the bundle out of Gold Foil.  I stamped my envelope with the flower from the stamp set using Basic Gray ink.


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment