Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, March 11, 2022

Waves of the Ocean

I finally broke down and purchased the entire Waves of the Ocean Collection.  This new collection is an early release collection from Stampin’ Up!  While the Waves of Inspiration Bundle will be available in the new 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog the other elements including the Waves of the Ocean 12 x 12” DSP, Blue Foils 12 x 12 Specialty Papers and Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels will only be available from now to May 2nd while supplies last.  Don’t miss out this is a beautiful set and the papers are amazing it will go fast I am sure so order yours now.  So, for my first card I wanted keep it simple and use just the Designer Series Paper, the Waves of Inspiration Stamp Set and the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels.        

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Bermuda Bay cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Night of Navy that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  For my stamping I took a piece of the Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper and cut it to 3 ¾ x 5”.  I placed that in my Stamparatus, if you don’t know what this is and would like to know why it is such great tool check out this YouTube from Stampin’ Up!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3teCr7Xo4G8  Using the wave stamp from the Waves of Inspiration I line it up in my Stamparatus.  I stamp it first with Bermuda Bay Ink and then I add Pacific Point ink to several spots on the stamp using a Dauber and stamp and finally I do that same thing with Night of Navy Ink.  It will take several times stamping with each color to achieve the look I got.  This is why the Stamparatus is so important, you can stamp over and over in exactly the same spot.  Once that was stamped, I stamped my sentiment also from the same stamp set onto the right top corner using Night of Navy ink.  

For my finishing touches I added three of the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels and stamped five of the sea birds from the stamp set randomly with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  This is a good time to explain that odd numbers of embellishments are more pleasing to the eye than even numbered ones, so that is why mine are always odd numbers.  For the inside I simply cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the piling and seagull from the stamp set using Memento Black Ink.  I colored it in using the Stampin’ Blends listed below. 


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment