Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Grassy Grove Fun Fold

I just received my Grassy Grove bundle from Stampin’ Up! and I am in love.  I often find it difficult to find stamps and dies for masculine cards.  It seems so many of them are flowers and that sort of thing.  This one is perfect, today I paired it with the beautiful New Horizons Designer Series Paper like I had seen Becky Hahn do on a pin I found in Pinterest and it looks great together.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I took this layer and added the Grove die from the Grassy Grove bundle to the center of what would become the front of my card and I cut it out.  It cuts the center like a window but leaves the margins all around the card.  Next, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 10 ½” and scored it at 5 ¼”.  Then I positioned this down as if I was going to open from the left to the right so I could do my stamping and decorating.  I started with the inside of the card. 


On the left side I stamped the flowers/grass and the pine trees from the stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I added the sentiment “today is all about you” from the Expressions of Friendship stamp set also in the black.  I moved to the right side of the inside of the card and I stamped the little knoll and the cluster of trees from the Grassy Grove bundle again in the black and added the sentiment “Happy Birthday” again from the Expressions of Friendship stamp set and again in the black ink.  Now I adhered this to the inside of the black layer centering it on the right side and attaching it.  I added a piece of the New Horizons Designer Series Paper that measured 3 ¾ x 5” to the front center of the white and then I die cut two of the deer from the dies in the bundle out of Basic Black cardstock and added them into the opening of my grove. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As you can see it uses very few supplies, the bundle does all the work for you.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment