Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Easter Crocus


I needed to get started on some Easter cards, I know it is a ways away but I need to make 57 cards for the church so I figured I better get going.  I saw this stamp set in the new Mini Catalog and thought it would work well for me.



The card base is Purple Posy cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is Whisper White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder, I always love the beautiful affects you get with embossing and it is one of my most favorite techniques to incorporate into cards.  I cut a scalloped oval out of a piece of Purple Posy cardstock that measured about 3 x 4” using the largest of the scalloped ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.  I used a scrap of the Purple Posy cardstock and punched out a label for me sentiment using the Everyday Label punch.  I stamped my sentiment using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.  I stamped my crocus from the Easter Promise stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then cut it out using the third largest of the Layering Oval dies.  I colored it using Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below).  I attached the sentiment and the crocus element using dimensionals, this really helps the card to pop.  Finally, I did use my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add some glitter to the flowers, I know you can’t see it in photo but let me tell you it looks awesome in person and is really a pretty cheap way to add some bling to any card. 

For the inside of the card I simply cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “Happy Easter” from that same stamp set the crocus is from using Highland Heather ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment