Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, March 23, 2020

Tulip Time


I decided the Timeless Tulips bundle would make a great get well card (I need to make up a bunch for the church and this just looked so bright and cheerful to me), but it would also make a great spring card and of course a great Easter card. 



The card base is Daffodil Delight (one of my favorite spring colors) cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. 

To create the card, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I masked (I used the light-yellow low stick masking tape) the front of the card leaving a strip about 1 ½” wide exposed.  I started in the center of this strip and sponged on some Daffodil Delight ink.  Then I moved to the top and added Mango Melody ink being sure to blend them a bit.  I then added Pear Pizzazz ink to the bottom.  Once my sponging was all done and I had removed my tape I stamped on three stems and a couple leaves Pear Pizzazz.  For my tulips  I inked them with Daffodil Delight ink and then using a sponge dauber I added just a little of the Mango Melody along the bottom of the flowers.  I stamped these onto scraps of Whisper White cardstock (2 large tulips and 1 small tulip) I had to fussy cut the small tulip but it was easy to do, I used the coordinating punch to punch out the larger tulips and leaves.  I stamped two leaves using the Pear Pizzazz ink and punched them out using the coordinating punch.  I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) with Daffodil Delight ink.  I added my layers and used dimensionals to pop up all three tulips and one of the leaves. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment