Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Drapery Fold Card


Today’s fun fold card was created using the drapery fold.  This is a fun design and you can add a great deal of interest to your card without using a ton of products.  This technique works best with two side Designer Series Paper. 



The card base is Terracotta Tile cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is Whisper White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and the Designer Series Paper I used here is a freebie paper from the Sale-A-Brations catalog and it is called Lily Impressions.  I cut the DSP to 4 x 11 ½” (this will make drapery folds for two cards). 

To make the drapery fold you measure up on the 4” side 1” from the bottom left and 1” from the top right and cut it diagonally (this will give you what you need to make two of the drapery folds).  With the widest edge on the left corner of your Simply Scored Scoring Tool you score at 1”, 2 .5”, 3.25”, 4.75”, 5.75”, 7.25”, 8”, 9.5” and 10.25”.  To make your fold you start with the 1” score line and fold down then the next up and so on until you are across the paper and have your drape.  I stamped my sentiment from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set in the bottom right corner of the Whisper White layer using Terracotta Tile ink and then attached the drape to the layer and wrapped a piece of the Terracotta Tile ½” Scalloped Linen Ribbon around it and then adhered this layer to the cardbase. 
I stamped the magnolia bloom, also from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it using my Stampin’ Blends (colors used listed below).  I then used the coordinating Magnolia Memories dies to cut my flower out.  I attached that to a circle of Bermuda Bay cardstock that I punched out using my 2” Circle Punch.  I placed this on another circle that was cut out of Pretty Peacock cardstock using the 4th largest of the scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies.  I popped the whole thing up using dimensionals and placed it on my card. 

For the inside of my card I simply cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the same flower on the bottom right corner and colored it with the same Stampin’ Blends I used for the other flower.  

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment