Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, March 16, 2020

Come With Me To The Garden


I fell in love with the Grace’s Garden bundle in the new Mini Catalog and I am so excited to use it to teach a class this month.  I had posted a card similar to this earlier but I added a few techniques that help give the set even more dimension and interest.  So, here is my card…



The card base is Daffodil Delight cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I decided I wanted this card to open from the bottom up just for a change. 

I cut two more layers, the first was Whisper White at 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” and the second was Crumb Cake at 4 x 5 ¼”.  Using the arch die from the bundle I cut the Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder to give it that brick wall look.  To add to that affect, I took a drop of Whisper White re-inker and put it on one of my acrylic blocks and then took my Aqua Painter and added just a tiny bit of water and color washed some of the bricks that stand up ever so lightly.  I was pretty pleased with the outcome. 
For my Whisper White layer, I stamped my sentiment into the center of where the gate opening would be using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I added a few of the flowers from the stamp set and then began my coloring.  I first used a Sponge and sponged on just a touch of Highland Heather ink all over the layer to give it some interest.  Then I used my Stampin’ Blend markers (colors listed below) to color in all my flowers. 

When this was all done, I added the white layer directly onto the card base.  I then attached the Crumb Cake layer using dimensionals.  Once everything was adhered, I grabbed some pieces of Whisper White cardstock and got to work decorating the card.  I first cut out the arch and gate using the coordinating dies and attach to the layer.  I did cut the center of the gate open on the score line so it would open up some.  I stamped the “Hello” sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then die cut it with the smallest of the dies from the Stitched So Sweetly die set (I love the look of the little sign) I adhered it to the gate on the left side only so my gate would continue to open.  I stamped the flowers from the set onto scraps of Whisper White using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and cut them out using the coordinating dies and colored them with my Stampin’ Blend markers.  The little kitty was stamped using Daffodil Delight ink and then I used my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to pull some of the yellow into his body area and cut him out using the coordinating dies (yes, this bundle has a bunch of dies).  I attached the flowers on the left and the climbing roses directly onto the card.  I used dimensionals to attach the flowers on the right and little mister kitty. 

For the inside of the card I just stamped the taller of the flowers using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored them using the same Stampin’ Blends I used on the front in the bottom left of a piece of Whisper White that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment