Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, March 20, 2020

Timeless Tulips Returns


I am happy to announce that this Timeless Tulip bundle is back in stock.  So I decided to make a birthday card using it today.



The card base is Daffodil Delight cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is Whisper White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed using the Tufted 3D Embossing Folder (I love this folder).  I then die cut a square using the largest of the squares in the Stitched Shapes dies from Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped two stems from the Timeless Tulip stamp set in Pear Pizzazz ink.  I also stamped three of the leaves on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and punched them out using the Tulip Builder Punch and adhered them onto the stems I had stamped on my square.  Next, I stamped two of the tulips from the set onto Whisper White cardstock.  To get the graduated color I wanted I started by inking them up using Daffodil Delight ink and then I added Mango Melody ink along the bottom of the tulips using a Sponge Dauber.  Once they were stamped, I punched them out using the Tulip Builder Punch as well.  I added them to my square using dimensionals and then added the square to my card using dimensionals. 

I stamped the sentiment “happy birthday” also from the set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Mango Melody ink and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and adhered it to the bottom of the card using mini dimensionals (these are great, no more trying to cut the larger ones up, these are sized perfectly for those little pieces).  To embellish the card, I added a bow made from the Whisper White ¼” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon that I colored by pressing it into my Mango Melody ink pad with my dauber and dragging it through the ink.  It needs to dry for about 30 minutes before you start working with it to allow it to dry and make sure none of the color transfers onto your white cardstock.  I also added a couple of the smallest of the Pearl Basic Jewels and for that extra sparkle I brushed Wink of Stella on the flowers and the leaves.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment