Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Introducing The Tropical Oasis Suite


I was scheduled to take a much needed vacation in the Caribbean.  However, my cruise was cancelled so instead I decided that I would try to have a little tropical fun with the Tropical Oasis Suite.  



The card base is made using Soft Seafoam cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that measured 2 ½ x 4 ¼” and I embossed it using the new Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder (I tell you embossing folders are one of the most economical ways to add some great texture to your cards).  

I measured up just under 2 ½” from the bottom of my card base and I started to stamp some of the great palm trees from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set, I like the look of tone on tone so I did this with Soft Seafoam ink.  It gave me that soft subtle look I was going for.  Next I added a piece of the 3/16” Braided Linen Trim (the 5/16” Braided Burlap Trim that comes with this suite would have been great as well but I was out of it when I made this card) right along the top edge of my embossed cardstock and then added that layer right onto my card base. 

Then I stamped two sets of the palm trees from that same stamp set onto some scraps of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored them using my Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below) and die cut them.  I used some dimensionals and popped them right onto the center of the card.  To finish off my card I stamped the sentiment (also from the same stamp set) onto a piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock that measured ¾ x 3 ½” again using the Memento ink and I used dimensionals on it as well and just popped it at an angle across my trees.  

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment