Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, November 23, 2019

TAKE LIFE BY THE REINS


Today we continue our journey into making masculine cards.  This card is a very simple card with minimal fuss which means it would be an easy card to produce in large numbers (I will be making a bunch of these for my churches Congregational Care Team to mail out). 


Let’s get started.  This card is a little different from most of my cards in that I decided to have it open from the bottom to the top (the end results are the same as any standard A2 card) because I just wanted to switch things up.

I cut my card base out of Mossy Meadow card stock.  It measured 4 ¼ x 11” and was scored at 5 ½”.  I then created my layer by cutting Soft Suede cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder (perfect choice with this horse image).  To give it even more depth I used some Soft Suede ink and a sponge and just sponged over the piece adding additional color to the raised planks). 

I stamped the horse image from the Let It Ride stamp set onto a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that measures 2 x 3 ½” using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I layered this at an angle onto a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock that measures 2 x 4”.  I stamped the sentiment “Take Life by the Reins” also from the Let It Ride stamp set using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a small scrap of the Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut it out using the third from the smallest of the Stitched Nesting Labels dies.

To assemble the card, I wrapped a piece of Burlap Ribbon (about 4 ½” long) around the bottom section of the Soft Suede layer and attached it using tear and tape (I find this works well with textiles).  I did miter the ribbon to add some additional interest.  I then attached this layer to the card base (also using tear and tape, it works great where you have texture like the embossing and the ribbon).  I then added my image and finally added the sentiment (I did put this at an angle and I also popped it up on dimensionals).  For the final piece of the front of the card I did also add three of the little Gold Metallic Pearls (we need to remember to add embellishments even on men’s cards). 

For the inside of the card I simply cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the image of two horses grazing (from that same Let It Ride stamp set) using Soft Suede ink.


There you have it, I hope you enjoyed this card.  As always all the supplies to make this card and many more projects are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or the picture of the product below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment