Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Peaceful Place

We are going to continue our journey into making masculine cards today.  This card uses a sponge background to give the illusion of a sunrise. 




Let’s get started.  I cut my card base out of Cajun Craze card stock.  It measured 5 ½ x 8 ½” and was scored at 4 ¼”. 

To create my focus layer, I used several ink pads in different colors (Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso).  I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 3 ½ x 4 ¾” and started to sponge on color using Stamping Sponges.  Tip: I always cut my sponges into quarters, give me more control and my sponges go further (I actually keep mine in a little divided case that is for fishing lures so that I can label the sections and use my sponges over and over with that color ink without taking a chance of contaminating my ink pads).  I started in the center with the Daffodil Delight and just did a small circle right in the center, then I began working out with each of the colors going from the lightest to the darkest.  Tip:  If you just overlap a little and then go over the whole thing with a light coat of your lightest color you will end up with a beautifully blended background.  Once my sponging was all done I stamped this beautiful scene from the Peaceful Place stamp set right onto the center of this layer using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my heat tool (I did two different cards one where I stamped and embossed and then sponged and a second where I sponged and then stamped and embossed and I found that stamping last gives you a better clearer image). 

Next I created a very thin mat for this layer by cutting a piece of Early Espresso cardstock to 3 5/8 x 4 7/8” and adhering my image layer to that.  I then wrapped a piece of Cajun Craze Linen Thread (from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo pack, from the holiday catalog) around these two layers twice and tied a bow.  I added these layers to the card base and added the sentiment “It’s Your Day” also from the Peaceful Place stamp set that I stamped onto Cajun Craze cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my heat tool.  I then cut this out using the 2nd smallest of the long thin rectangles from the Rectangle Stitched Dies and popped it up on the front of the card using dimensionals. 

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the little leaves from the Peaceful Place stamp set once with first generation Old Olive ink and then again with second generation (so stamp it once and don’t re-ink and just stamp again).


So that is the card.  I hope you like it.  As always the supplies used to create this card and many more products are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or the picture of the product below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment