Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Daisy Lane Meets Scripty 3D


Today I will be sharing another of my swap cards.  This card is another simple card that uses punches and an embossing folder to add texture and dimension without a lot of fuss and work.  As I have explained before I create a lot of cards for the Congregational Care Team at my church and I certainly see many of these cards with lots of different sentiments in my future.



The base of the card is a piece of Rococo Rose cardstock (one of this year’s in colors and one of my favorites) cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”.  This card however does not open as many of mine do from right to left but instead opens from the bottom up. 

I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” I stamped the sentiment “Smile” from the Daisy Lane stamp set in Rococo Rose ink on the center far right of this layer.  I also added two of the ferns also from the Daisy Lane stamp set just to the left of the sentiment using Pear Pizzaz.  I then embossed this layer using the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder (I love the dimension embossing folders add to projects).  I added this layer to my cardbase using Tear and Tape (I find that it holds layers that have been embossed better than other adhesives). 

Next, I stamped one of the larger and one of the smaller daisies from the Daisy Lane stamp set onto Rococo Rose cardstock using Rococo Rose ink.  I then used the coordinating punches to punch both of these out as well as two plain daisies in each size.  I used my trusty bone folder to curl up the edges of my daisies (the way real flowers grow) and layered my daisies off-setting the layers for a nice full look.  I adhered this flower to the center of the card where the two ferns meet and then added a Clear Faceted Gem to the center to finish off my daisy.

I love the simplicity of this card and the fact that the color of the cardstock and inks can be easily changed out to make some cute card sets.  I hope you enjoyed this card and I sure hope the attendees at the On-Stage event are happy to receive it as a swap.  As always, the supplies to make this card and many other projects are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or by clicking any of the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment