Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Country Home Swap Card


Anyone who has followed my blog for awhile knows I go to several different Stampin’ Up functions where I participate in card swaps.  For those who don’t know what a card swap is let me explain.  You make a bunch of cards (in this case I made well over 100) to trade with others for cards they have made.  When it is all done you come home with tons of cards and tons of ideas.  Some card swaps have no rules and others have really particular rules.  This particular swap only requires I use Stampin’ Up products (they can be current or retired, I used current only).  Some swaps require certain stamp sets be used, others require a specific number of embellishments or layers.  I love swaps that are left a little more open to allow for some exciting and interesting cards. 

So, I leave for Stampin’ Up On Stage on Thursday of this week, the actual even is in Atlanta on Saturday (hubby and I are going to turn it into a little trip).  So, over this next week I am going to be sharing my “swap” cards along with the instructions on how to make them with all of you.

The first card I am showcasing was made using the Country Home stamp set.  I love this fun set and have used it several times.  This card is a basic simple stamping card with the addition of some fun coloring using the Stampin’ Blend alcohol markers, these markers make anyone into an artist. 


The base of the card is a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a piece of DSP that is from the 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper Regals collection (I made cards in several different colors from this collection and just grabbed coordinating cardstock and colored the flowers to match the color I chose) I used the Rich Razzleberry/Blackberry Bliss gingham check for mine, this piece was cut to 2 x 5 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of coordinating cardstock (this one is Blackberry Bliss) to 2 7/8 x 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the 4th largest of the Stitched Rectangles dies and stamped the image.

For the image I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink (my go to ink when using alcohol markers) and stamped the milk can near the bottom of my whisper white piece.  I then masked it (simply stamp the image onto a post-it note, being sure to keep the sticky piece at the top of the milk can and cut it out, you then lay it over your stamped image and add your second image) and then stamped my flowers. 
To color the image, I used Stampin’ Blend alcohol markers (the colors are listed below).  I them simply adhered my layers as seen in the photo above.  I did not use dimensionals, a sentiment or any type of embellishments because I wanted them to be something that anyone could reproduce. 

I hope you enjoyed this card and I sure hope the attendees at the On Stage event are happy to receive it as a swap.  As always, the supplies to make this card and many other projects are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or by clicking any of the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment