Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Feels Like Frost "V" or Pocket Card


Today’s card once again features the beautiful photo realistic DSP from the Feels Like Frost collection.  I nicknamed this card a “V” card or maybe I should call it the shirt pocket card, LOL.  So here it is…



Start by preparing your card base, this one is a little different that the others and the card lifts up to open instead of opening from the side.  So for the card base I cut a piece of the Seaside Spray cardstock to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored it at 5 ½”.  

Now just cut a piece of the DSP to 4 x 4 ¼” (NOTE:  be sure keep the direction of the paper straight because this paper has a definite direction it needs to be used in, the 4” measurement is across the paper and the 4 ¼” measurement is down the paper).  I adhered this to the card base.

For the next step you need to cut another piece of the Seaside Spray cardstock, this time 4 ¼ x 2” and measured over to the 2 1/8” point at the bottom and down each side 1 ¼” and made little marks.  Now I simply placed the cardstock into my paper trimmer and lined up those marks to make the “V” panel.  

And for the final cut a piece of DSP that measured 1 ¾ x 4” (again keep that design going in the right direction).  I again measured and marked this one down 7/8” on the side and over 2” on the bottom and cut into the “V” shape with my trimme.  I stamped my sentiment (sorry didn’t realize I had grabbed a now retired stamp set for this sentiment but there are lots of great sentiments in the current holiday catalog that would work great) onto the DSP using Night of Navy ink. 

Now simply layer these two panels and attached them right to the top of the card as shown in the photo using dimensionals (be sure to leave space between the dimensionals for the next step).

Cut 4 boughs, 3 each out of vellum and one out of Sparkle Glimmer paper using the Beautiful Boughs Dies (Note:  I cut the Vellum ones out using the smallest bough die and the Sparkle Glimmer one out using the largest bough die).  I tucked these up under the left side of the “V” I created. 

For the final embellishment add one large, one medium and two small Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

I hope you enjoy this one, as always you can find all the products to create this card and many more projects on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or the item icons below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:





No comments:

Post a Comment