Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Painted Harvest


Today I will be sharing another of my swap cards.  This card is another simple card that uses that uses nothing but an embossing folder, stamps and a little ribbon.  This is a perfect choice for a card when you need to make a large number of cards because it is so easy to create in mass quantities.


The base of the card is a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”. 
I cut a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and adhered it to my base.  Next I cut a piece of Soft Suede cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and embossed it using my Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder.  To add some additional dimension and interest I sponged some additional Soft Suede ink over my embossed layer (I really like how it brings the paneling to life). 

I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 3 x 3” and stamped it randomly with sunflowers from the Painted Harvest stamp set.  This set is one of those that has stamps that layer together for a realistic look.  I stamped the fuller sunflower image first with Daffodil Delight ink, then I added the second more defined sunflower image by stamping it with Crushed Curry ink and then finally I added the center of the sunflower with Early Espresso ink.  I randomly stamped four sunflower images leaving the center slightly open for my sentiment which also came from the same stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink.  I layered this piece onto a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 3 ¼” and then added those layers to the center of the front of my card using dimensionals.

For the final element I added a little bow I made from the Crushed Curry Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (I have to tell you this is the easiest ribbon I have ever used to make a bow) and added it to the corner using a mini glue dot.

This is another card that uses the art of simplicity and you could easily change out the colors of the cardstock and ink and make some really cute card sets for gift giving.  I hope you enjoyed this card and I sure hope the attendees at the On-Stage event are happy to receive it as a swap.  As always, the supplies to make this card and many other projects are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or by clicking any of the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment