Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 4, 2019

Come To Gather Scrapbook Layout #2


Today we are going to be once again be using the awesome Come to Gather DSP.  I am actually loving all the paper in the pack but today I was really drawn to the simplicity of this wood panel paper.  Love it with these colors but love the fact that it could be used with pretty much any of the Stampin’ Up colors even more.  I am again leaning heavily on the Pretty Peacock for this project, I am really loving this color.  Please stay tuned as I continue to create with this great paper pack (just remember it is from the Holiday catalog and it will retire on January 2nd so don’t wait to order yours).

Today’s pages…



So lets get started with the first page.  I started with a piece of 12 x 12” whisper white cardstock as my base.  Then I I added a piece of the Wood Panel DSP from the Come to Gather paper pack, that measures 5 x 12”.  It was added it to the far right of my page.  Next I cut a piece of the checkered DSP (love this pretty peacock check) that measured 7 x 7”.  I then cut that square directly across to create a triangle cutting from the top right corner to the bottom left corner (save the other piece of the triangle for page 2).   I placed that DSP in the top left corner (see photo).  Next, I ran a piece of the awesome Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon down along side of the paneling DSP, I love the finished look it gives and the interest it adds.

To decorate my page, I added a piece of mint macaron cardstock that measured 8 ½ x 8 ½”, this is a nice base for my photo mat and other embellishments.  I started with the upper left corner where I placed two leaves that I had stamped from the Gather Together stamp set onto pretty peacock cardstock using pretty peacock ink and one onto mint macaron cardstock using mint macaron ink.  Each was cut out using the largest leaf die from the Gathered Leaves Dies.  I attached the two pretty peacock leaves directly onto my page and popped the mint macaron leaf up with a dimensional.  I added a little bow made from Linen Thread.  In the bottom right corner I cut two leaves out (one from pretty peacock and one from mint macaroon cardstock) for these I used the smaller dies from the Gathered Leaves Dies (hint here, if you spritz them with a little water before you run them through your die cutting machine they stay two toned like these).  I added another little bow made from the Linen Thread.

To finish off the page I stamped the sentiment “Simply thankful for all the good things” from the   County Home stamp set using Mint Macaron ink onto a piece of whisper white cardstock that I cut using the 4th from the largest of the Stitched Rectangles dies.  I added an additional layer of pretty peacock cardstock under it that was cut from the third from the largest die and popped the whole thing up using dimensionals.  For the final addition I added a photo mat that was cut from pretty peacock cardstock that measures 4 ¼ x 6 ¼” (my photos are 4 x 6”). 


So there is page 1 now lets get started on page 2…

For this page I again started with a piece of 12 x 12” Whisper White cardstock as my base.  I again cut a piece of the Wood Panel DSP from the Come to Gather paper pack that also measured 5 x 12” and added it to the far left of my page.  Now I added the other half of the pretty peacock checked paper square we cut into a triangle.  I placed that DSP in the bottom right corner (see photo).  Next, I ran another piece of the Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon down alongside of the paneling DSP.
I added three photo mats to the page that were cut from pretty peacock cardstock.  The horizonal mat measures 4 ¼ x 6 ¼ and the two vertical mats are for smaller photos and measure 3 ¼ x 5 ¼”.  Note, I did over lap the two mats at the bottom but I did not adhere them where they overlap so I can tuck my pictures in. 

To embellish my page, I started by cutting two of the smallest of the leaves from the Gathered Leaves dies and three of the smaller leaves from the same set.  I cut one each of the smallest ones using mint macaron and pretty peacock cardstock and placed them in the top right corner of the page.  I added a little bow made out of the Linen Thread.  I then cut three of the slightly larger ones, two from mint macaron and one from pretty peacock.  And placed them in the center of the photo mats.  I adhered the two mint macaron leaves directly to the page and popped up the pretty peacock leaf with a dimensional.  I added another little bow made from the Linen Thread.

Now for the part that I believe makes this layout.  I stamped the milk can from the Country Home using Memento ink onto a piece of whisper white cardstock.  I then masked the milk can (easy to do just stamp the image on a post-it note and cut it out (be sure to leave the sticky part attached) and place it on top of the can and stamp the flowers (this way if they overlap you can’t even see it).  I then went to work coloring.  I used my amazing Stampin’ Blends (I swear they make anyone an artist) to color.  I colored the milk can using the Smoky Slate combo and the flowers were done with the pretty peacock combo, the granny apple green combo, the soft suede combo and the light cherry cobbler blends.  I then cut it out using that 4th largest of the Stitched Rectangles die again.  I layered this (a little off set) onto a piece of pretty peacock cardstock that measures 2 ¼ x 5 ¾” and then popped that whole thing up using a dimensional.  I added one more of the little bows made from the Linen Thread (this stuff is great to work with) and there you have the layout.

I hope you love these pages as much as I do and as always you can find all the products to make these pages and lots more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net  or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or by simply clicking the item below.  I will list all the supplies I used below. 

As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment