Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 23, 2019

Fall Treat

Well we all know kids why kids love Halloween (yep the candy) well sometimes we adults need a little treat as well.  So here is a cute little box filled with candies that I made using the Stampin Up Mini Pizza Box.  I plan on making a bunch of these to take over to my mother in law for her to give to the staff and some of her friends over in her independent living facility.  I showed them to the girls during last weeks card class and one of them has already ordered her supplies to make these as table favors for her Thanksgiving table, what a great idea.

So here is my box all decorated for fall...


Now during the holiday catalog you can also get these cute mini pizza boxes in gold foil but I chose to use the plain white ones for this project.  So here is how I made it.

I cut a piece of designer series paper (I used the Come to Gather) that measured 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" and adhered it to the top of my box.  Now I also cut four pieces that measured 7/8 x 3 3/8" and adhered them to the sides of the box (not shown in this photo but the DSP pattern I chose is the same one used on the candies in the photo below).  

I used the awesome new dies in the Gathered Leaves Die set (if you spritz the card stock with just a touch of water those veins in the leaves appear to be a different color, and yest they stay that way after they dry).  I cut one out of copper foil paper, and one each out of blackberry bliss, pear pizzazz, cajun craze, mint macaron and pretty peacock (these pieces are small so scraps work wonderful).  I then stamped the pumpkins from the coordinating stamp set, Gather Together onto cajun craze card stock using Versamark ink and heat embossed them using copper embossing powder and my heat tool.  

To assemble the top of the box I simply spread my leaves out so that they were pleasing to my eye and adhered them.  I did use dimensionals to pop those cute pumpkins up.

Now for the inside (yes that is where the goodies are).


So I started out with 6 Hershey nuggets (I chose the ones with almonds in them because I like the look of the gold wrapper).  I cut my DSP (this is the same pattern I used on the sides of the box, I liked it because it has all the colors I used in the leaves on the top of the box) to 7/8 x 3" and simply wrapped my candies (cute presentation don't you think?) I also tossed in a little tissue paper so my candies were nice and tight in the box.  

I hope you like this project.  As always the products used to make this project and much more are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  I will list all the supplies used below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  

Card stock:  Cajun Craze (119684), Blackberry Bliss (133675), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Mint Macaron (138337), Pretty Peacock (150880) and Copper Foil (142020)

DSP:  Come to Gather (150454)

Ink:  Versamark (102283)

Stamp Set:  Come Together (150589)

Die Set:  Gathered Leaves (150662) (REMINDER:  IF YOU PURCHASE THE COME TOGETHER STAMP SET AND GATHERED LEAVES DIE SET AS A BUNDLE YOU SAVE 10% ON BOTH, ITEM #153036)

Misc:  Mini Pizza Boxes (144645), Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder (141636), Heat Tool (129053), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and Dimensionals (104430)



No comments:

Post a Comment