Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fall is in the Air

Well the temperatures are dropping even here in North Carolina and the smell of the fall is in the air.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I love the colors and the smells of the fall.  So I got very motivated to create some fall cards for my September Card Workshop.  The ladies had a lot of fun and I do believe everyone learned something new.  So I will be posting those cards and directions for them over the next week here on my blog.  Here is the first one...


For this card I wanted to teach a new technique and while it may be old hat to some for most of us it was new.  This card was created using the baby wipe technique.  I folded up a couple baby wipes and added them to one of our empty stamp cases (I used the standard, item #119105, I use these for everything from little bits of paper, to extra stamped or die cut images and even to house my simply shammy).  I dropped a few drops of cajun craze, daffodil delight, garden green and merry merlot ink refills onto the baby wipes and this became my stamp pad.

So here is how it was made.

The card base is cut from Cajun Craze card stock and measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".

The next layer is cut from Very Vanilla card stock and measures 4 x 5 1/4".  I used the two different sizes of the solid leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set and stamped them all over the page (using those baby wipes) to create my background.  

Then I cut the leaves using the Gathering Leaves die from Mossy Meadow, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler card stock (you can use scraps for this).  I did spritz the card stock with water before I cut them out, as you can see this created two toned leaves without having to do any additional coloring (yes they stay that color once dried).  

I used my Timeless Label Punch and punched out a piece of Cajun Craze card stock and stamped my sentiment which is from the Gather Together stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink.  I popped the sentiment up with a couple dimensionals as well.

The bow was created from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo pack and I attached it using a Mini Glue Dot.

For the inside of the card I used a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that measured 4 x 5 1/4" that had one of the little leaves stamped in the corner.

I hope you like this card.  As always you can find the supplies I used listed below and these supplies as well as many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net  

Happy Crafting!!!


Supplies used:  

Card stock:  Cajun Craze (119684), Very Vanilla (101650), Mossy Meadow (133676), Rich Razzleberry (115316), and Cherry Cobbler (119685) 

Stamp Set:  Colorful Seasons (143726) 

Die: Gathered Leaves Die (150662) 

Punches:  Timeless Label Punch (149516) 

Ink:  Blackberry Bliss (147092).

Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), Come To Gather Ribbon Combo Pack (150456), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin Spritzer (126185), Cajun Craze Ink Refill (119790) , Daffodil Delight Ink Refill (119672), Garden Green Ink Refill (102059) and Merry Merlot Ink Refill (147170)


No comments:

Post a Comment